Even Leonardo DiCaprio Isn’t ‘King of the World’ at TSA Checkpoints
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying private and forgoing large airports altogether help celebrities stay out of the public eye when traveling. And if they do have to fly commercial, there’s ways to go to the airport without being seen by not much more than a few TSA officers and airline staff — like with The Private Suite at LAX.
But just because someone’s a celebrity doesn’t mean they’re supposed to get special treatment from the government.
After attempting to put the kibosh on his private jet habit for environmental reasons, Leonardo DiCaprio was seen checking in with JetBlue at New York’s JFK for a likely flight in Mint, presumably back to Los Angles (LAX) where he resides.
Leo, however, is just like the rest of us, and had to go through the motions at JFK’s Terminal 5 TSA security checkpoint.
The Oscar winning actor is known for his efforts to stay disguised while in public, usually by wearing sunglasses and baseball caps that cover half his face. And this time was no different, with a black hoodie and baseball cap pulled over his face it’s hard to tell that it’s not a just any other regular dude, but an A-list celebrity.
DiCaprio, along with his girlfriend Camila Morrone, was escorted to what appears to be the front of the TSA PreCheck or Priority security line by a JetBlue employee. This TSA security worker surely wasn’t slacking though, despite the fact that he hasn’t been paid since the government shutdown began on Dec. 22.
But because of DiCaprio’s shrouded mug, the TSA officer holds the actor after he tried to get by just by showing his ticket. The officer asks DiCaprio for his ID and to remove his cap and hood to verify his identity. After a few looks up and down, and possibly realizing who he was talking too, the officer lets DiCaprio by.
No Leo, you’re no “King of the World” anymore. We just hoped you paid for your flight with the right credit card.
Featured image by Volkan Furuncu/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees