Forget to add your frequent flyer number? Etihad has you covered
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ever forgotten to add your rewards number to a booking and spent hours later trying to reclaim the miles you’ve flown? Yeah, me too. Fortunately, Etihad has recognized these issues, and has introduced a new feature designed to award your miles when you’ve entered your information incorrectly, or even forgotten it entirely:
Though Etihad Guest continues to fly under the radar, this is a pretty cool move on its part. As far as I know this is the first airline program to proactively award members with mileage they’ve earned, even without frequent flyer numbers attached to the reservation. This does beg the question, however — how are they identifying members? Of course, airlines have all your identifying information (name, date of birth, passport number), but what programs are they running in order to match you to your loyalty account number? And why aren’t other airlines and hotels doing it?
From the example email above it looks like Etihad is still wanting members to enter their information, though I’m curious to know how often you can utilize this benefit before the airline gets upset. Whatever else, however, this is a really decent thing for Etihad to do; no longer will you leave lost miles on the table on your flights. That’ll get you that much closer to Etihad’s phenomenal A380 Apartment.
Featured photo by Javier Rodriguez/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees