Forget to add your frequent flyer number? Etihad has you covered
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ever forgotten to add your rewards number to a booking and spent hours later trying to reclaim the miles you’ve flown? Yeah, me too. Fortunately, Etihad has recognized these issues, and has introduced a new feature designed to award your miles when you’ve entered your information incorrectly, or even forgotten it entirely:
Though Etihad Guest continues to fly under the radar, this is a pretty cool move on its part. As far as I know this is the first airline program to proactively award members with mileage they’ve earned, even without frequent flyer numbers attached to the reservation. This does beg the question, however — how are they identifying members? Of course, airlines have all your identifying information (name, date of birth, passport number), but what programs are they running in order to match you to your loyalty account number? And why aren’t other airlines and hotels doing it?
From the example email above it looks like Etihad is still wanting members to enter their information, though I’m curious to know how often you can utilize this benefit before the airline gets upset. Whatever else, however, this is a really decent thing for Etihad to do; no longer will you leave lost miles on the table on your flights. That’ll get you that much closer to Etihad’s phenomenal A380 Apartment.
Featured photo by Javier Rodriguez/The Points Guy.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees