DEAL ALERT: Book Etihad Apartments at a 30% discount
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at TPG, Etihad Apartment is one of our favorite ways to fly. We’ve reviewed it several times and have been blown away each time. If you’re trying to score an Apartment (or business class) seat for future travel, you’re in luck. Etihad just launched a new 30% off sale on award flights. Here’s what you need to know.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The offer is for GuestSeats on selected routes for Etihad Airways-operated flights using Etihad Guest Miles booked from now through Aug. 27, for travel through May 31, 2021. You can book seats at Etihad.com or via the Etihad Guest call center. Note that the sale is eligible for travel on Etihad Airways-operated flights only and upgrades are not permitted on GuestSeats. Also keep in mind that one-way tickets are permitted but stopovers & open jaws aren’t.
We’re seeing some pretty great deals like Abu Dhabi (AUH) to Paris (CDG) and London (LHR) starting at under 62,000 Guest Miles one-way for the Apartment. American also charges 62,500 miles each-way for Etihad’s Apartment. If you don’t have American miles but you do have Etihad miles through a transfer partner, this could be the way to go.
We’re also seeing the Studio Business seat between Abu Dhabi and Europe starting around 44,000 miles each way, though not all routes are operated by the A380.
The most popular route between Abu Dhabi and New York (JFK) starts at under 96,000 miles each way. Keep an eye out for which flight you’re booking, as you may find this route also operated by the 787, which doesn’t feature the Apartment.
In June, Aeroplan announced that members can earn and redeem miles for Etihad Airways flights, including The Apartment. Etihad Guest members can also earn and redeem miles for Air Canada flights, but that aspect of the partnership isn’t nearly as valuable. One-way economy tickets will run you 40,000 Aeroplan miles, while business class will cost 82,500 miles and The Apartment comes in at 115,000 miles.
Etihad Guest miles aren’t just valuable for booking premium-cabin awards — they’re easy to earn, too. You can transfer points from Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards, Capital One and Marriott. Amex, Citi and Capital One at a 1:1 ratio, while Marriott transfers at a 3:1 ratio.
If you want to book seats you’d better hurry, as you only have until. Aug. 27 to book!
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees