DEAL ALERT: Book Etihad Apartments at a 30% discount
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at TPG, Etihad Apartment is one of our favorite ways to fly. We’ve reviewed it several times and have been blown away each time. If you’re trying to score an Apartment (or business class) seat for future travel, you’re in luck. Etihad just launched a new 30% off sale on award flights. Here’s what you need to know.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The offer is for GuestSeats on selected routes for Etihad Airways-operated flights using Etihad Guest Miles booked from now through Aug. 27, for travel through May 31, 2021. You can book seats at Etihad.com or via the Etihad Guest call center. Note that the sale is eligible for travel on Etihad Airways-operated flights only and upgrades are not permitted on GuestSeats. Also keep in mind that one-way tickets are permitted but stopovers & open jaws aren’t.
We’re seeing some pretty great deals like Abu Dhabi (AUH) to Paris (CDG) and London (LHR) starting at under 62,000 Guest Miles one-way for the Apartment. American also charges 62,500 miles each-way for Etihad’s Apartment. If you don’t have American miles but you do have Etihad miles through a transfer partner, this could be the way to go.
We’re also seeing the Studio Business seat between Abu Dhabi and Europe starting around 44,000 miles each way, though not all routes are operated by the A380.
The most popular route between Abu Dhabi and New York (JFK) starts at under 96,000 miles each way. Keep an eye out for which flight you’re booking, as you may find this route also operated by the 787, which doesn’t feature the Apartment.
In June, Aeroplan announced that members can earn and redeem miles for Etihad Airways flights, including The Apartment. Etihad Guest members can also earn and redeem miles for Air Canada flights, but that aspect of the partnership isn’t nearly as valuable. One-way economy tickets will run you 40,000 Aeroplan miles, while business class will cost 82,500 miles and The Apartment comes in at 115,000 miles.
Etihad Guest miles aren’t just valuable for booking premium-cabin awards — they’re easy to earn, too. You can transfer points from Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards, Capital One and Marriott. Amex, Citi and Capital One at a 1:1 ratio, while Marriott transfers at a 3:1 ratio.
If you want to book seats you’d better hurry, as you only have until. Aug. 27 to book!
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees