You now have more time to purchase one of the top annual ski passes for the season
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Get excited: Ski season is right around the corner! While we typically tell you to get your annual passes sooner rather than later (those price increases are no joke!), your procrastination might have just paid off.
Epic Pass, one of the three main ski passes for North American skiers and snowboarders just extended its purchase deadline. Vail Resorts, a hospitality conglomerate that operates 37 resorts throughout the U.S., just announced it’s extending the deadline to purchase the pass until Dec. 2. If you’re not familiar, Vail Resorts owns Vail Marriott Mountain Resort & Spa, the Osprey at Beaver Creek, the Lodge at Vail and Hyatt Place Keystone, among others.
Don’t let the name fool you — Vail Resorts hotels aren’t just in Vail. Mount Snow in Vermont, Hunter Mountain in New York and Liberty Mountain Resort in Pennsylvania are all part of the group, too. If your family is staying at one of these properties and you haven’t gotten your ski passes yet, this is great news.
Don’t procrastinate for too long, though! December will be here before you know it.
Prices for the Epic Pass increased in September and are currently $989 for adults 13 and up, and $519 for children 5–12.
The three main ski passes for North American skiers and snowboarders are the Epic Pass, Ikon Pass and the Mountain Collective Pass. With single-day lift tickets costing $200 at major mountains while annual passes start at around $400 (or less) for the whole year, a great many snow-loving families will do better selecting a pass rather than paying individual lift-ticket prices. If you have a handful of ski trips lined up for the season, it’s definitely worth considering if an annual pass is best for your family.
Choosing the right pass is tough, especially because there’s some overlap in what they offer. Certain mountains appear on the lists for multiple passes. Here’s a guide to help you pick the best ski pass for your family.
Featured image courtesy of Seth K. Hughes/Getty.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees