Here’s How to Enter to Win 500,000 American Airlines Miles — Without Buying a Cruise
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve seen some solid promotions recently from American Airlines Vacations — including the ongoing opportunity to score 20,000 bonus American Airlines miles for booking a package to Asia, Australia or New Zealand. TPG contributor Katie Genter just returned from one of those promo bookings, scoring almost 36,000 total AA miles from a $581 mileage run from San Francisco (SFO) to Beijing (PEK) through Los Angeles (LAX):
And it looks like American Airlines Cruises also wants to drum up interest. Through Nov. 18, you’ll earn 2 American Airlines miles per $1 spent — up to a maximum of 20,000 bonus miles — for booking a cruise through AA Cruises. That’s in addition to the miles/points you’ll earn through your credit card. Check out this guide of the best credit cards for booking cruises.
But, there’s also a way to win up to 500,000 AA miles without even booking a cruise. AA Cruises is currently running a Million Miles Sweepstakes:
- One (1) grand prize winner will receive: 500,000 AAdvantage miles and One (1) cruise for two valued at $3,000
- Five (5) first prize winners will receive 100,000 AAdvantage miles
While American Airlines Cruises would love it if you booked a cruise, all sweepstakes must have a “no purchase necessary” way to enter the contest. And this sweepstakes is no exception. In order to get a free entry, all you need to do is sign up for the AA Cruises weekly newsletter through this form through Jan. 31, 2019:
Note that AA Cruises values AA miles at 1.99 cents per mile for the Approximate Retail Value (ARV) for each prize. That means that the Grand Prize is worth $12,950 and each First Prize is worth $1,990. Winners will have to pay taxes on this amount of winnings. If you win, note that you can challenge the valuation of these miles — although 1.99 cents per mile isn’t as atrocious as the valuation of miles in other contests.
Featured image by jimfeng / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees