This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Don’t miss out! Enter to win two round-trip flights to London before the sweepstakes closes at 11:59pm ET on May 4, 2018
Spring is finally in the air, and what better way to celebrate the improving weather than by planning a trip across the pond? TPG is here to help make that happen — we’re teaming up with a major airline that wants to find out which carrier you’d pick for a transatlantic flight when cost, mileage accrual and elite status benefits aren’t a factor. If you’re the lucky winner, you’ll get to pick which airline you and a companion would like to fly — in economy — between New York City (either JFK or Newark airport) and London (either Heathrow or Gatwick airport).
You read that right — you can pick to fly with the carrier of your choice, including American Airlines, British Airways, Delta, Norwegian, United and Virgin Atlantic. Note that you won’t earn miles for these flights, nor will you be entitled to any elite benefits or lounge access. If you do select Norwegian as your carrier, you’ll be booked on a ticket that includes meals and luggage, so that it’s equal with the tickets of the full-service carriers.
To enter, all you need to do is fill out this form — you’ll have to answer just a few questions, including which carrier you’d most like to fly with and what was the most important factor in choosing that carrier. You have to enter before midnight on Friday, May 4 and travel must be completed by October 31, 2018. Note that if you win, you must be one of the travelers, and you can only submit one entry per email address, or else you’ll be disqualified. You can view the official TPG sweepstakes rules here.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees