Emirates is bringing romance to the skies — and its lounges — with Valentine’s Day desserts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates is sprucing up its culinary options especially for Valentine’s Day. The Dubai-based airline announced on Tuesday that it’s going to serve 40 Valentine’s Day-themed desserts and sweet treats both on board and in its network of lounges across the world.
As examples of what passengers can expect, look no further than at most of the airline’s 41 lounges. Between Feb. 13-15, passengers in airports can expect the following:
Hamburg (HAM) — orange-ginger panna cotta served with berries and pistachios
Cape Town (CPT) — heart-shaped shortcake served with fresh strawberries and whipped cream
Auckland (AKL) — chocolate and raspberry petit fours
Tokyo Narita (NRT) — chocolate St Valentine’s cake
U.S. lounges — chocolate-covered strawberries sprinkled with coconut
In addition to the airline’s global lounges, at its own seven branded lounges at Dubai International Airport (DXB), the airline will offer Moet & Chandon Rosé Impérial Champagne. As far as food offerings, travellers passing through the lounge can expect Valentine’s-inspired cakes and desserts like a passion fruit cake with raspberry, as well as a red velvet cake and red velvet ice cream.
Meanwhile, on board its aircraft, Emirates is updating its menu to offer “a touch of romance”. On Feb. 14, Emirates will offer a special selection of desserts on long-haul flights. In first and business class, that means a heart-shaped passion fruit cake. And in the lounge of the A380, which is accessible by first- and business-class passengers, you can expect chocolate-covered strawberries.
Even economy passengers will be able to take part in the festivities with a white chocolate passion fruit cheesecake for dessert.
Featured photo courtesy of Emirates.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees