Emirates is bringing romance to the skies — and its lounges — with Valentine’s Day desserts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates is sprucing up its culinary options especially for Valentine’s Day. The Dubai-based airline announced on Tuesday that it’s going to serve 40 Valentine’s Day-themed desserts and sweet treats both on board and in its network of lounges across the world.
As examples of what passengers can expect, look no further than at most of the airline’s 41 lounges. Between Feb. 13-15, passengers in airports can expect the following:
Hamburg (HAM) — orange-ginger panna cotta served with berries and pistachios
Cape Town (CPT) — heart-shaped shortcake served with fresh strawberries and whipped cream
Auckland (AKL) — chocolate and raspberry petit fours
Tokyo Narita (NRT) — chocolate St Valentine’s cake
U.S. lounges — chocolate-covered strawberries sprinkled with coconut
In addition to the airline’s global lounges, at its own seven branded lounges at Dubai International Airport (DXB), the airline will offer Moet & Chandon Rosé Impérial Champagne. As far as food offerings, travellers passing through the lounge can expect Valentine’s-inspired cakes and desserts like a passion fruit cake with raspberry, as well as a red velvet cake and red velvet ice cream.
Meanwhile, on board its aircraft, Emirates is updating its menu to offer “a touch of romance”. On Feb. 14, Emirates will offer a special selection of desserts on long-haul flights. In first and business class, that means a heart-shaped passion fruit cake. And in the lounge of the A380, which is accessible by first- and business-class passengers, you can expect chocolate-covered strawberries.
Even economy passengers will be able to take part in the festivities with a white chocolate passion fruit cheesecake for dessert.
Featured photo courtesy of Emirates.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.