Emirates Brings Thanksgiving Dinner to the Skies
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers flying Emirates are in for a treat this holiday season, starting off with a Thanksgiving-themed menu across all cabins on flights between Dubai and the US, as well as in Dubai and US airport lounges.
The Thanksgiving menu will be available to customers traveling between Dubai and the US, from Nov. 22-25. First and business class passengers can choose from a variety of appetizers:
- smoked duck salad, served with poached fig, pickled beetroot, green beans, plum chutney and hazelnuts
- creamy cauliflower soup
- pumpkin soup with toasted pumpkins seeds and chives
- smoked ocean trout with crème fraîche, cocktail onions and caper berries
For entrees, first and business class customers will enjoy Thanksgiving roasted turkey served with chestnut stuffing, cranberry jus lié and either mashed potatoes or pumpkin mash. What’s for dessert? Pumpkin tart with whipped cream, caramel fudge, chocolate quenelle and pistachios.
On routes with Emirates’ A380 aircraft, customers will also get a taste of Thanksgiving in the iconic onboard lounge with limited-edition pumpkin cupcakes.
Economy travelers headed to the US will get to indulge in tasty roasted turkey served with cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and roasted pumpkin in maple syrup.
Lounge visitors will get to enjoy Thanksgiving celebrations, which kick off in the US this week. From Nov. 8-22, Emirates lounges in New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX) will serve authentic Thanksgiving meals including turkey dishes and mini pumpkin pies. Customers traveling out of any of the seven Dubai lounges on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22, will also get to sample the special menu.
All images courtesy of Emirates.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.