Emirates Brings Thanksgiving Dinner to the Skies
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers flying Emirates are in for a treat this holiday season, starting off with a Thanksgiving-themed menu across all cabins on flights between Dubai and the US, as well as in Dubai and US airport lounges.
The Thanksgiving menu will be available to customers traveling between Dubai and the US, from Nov. 22-25. First and business class passengers can choose from a variety of appetizers:
- smoked duck salad, served with poached fig, pickled beetroot, green beans, plum chutney and hazelnuts
- creamy cauliflower soup
- pumpkin soup with toasted pumpkins seeds and chives
- smoked ocean trout with crème fraîche, cocktail onions and caper berries
For entrees, first and business class customers will enjoy Thanksgiving roasted turkey served with chestnut stuffing, cranberry jus lié and either mashed potatoes or pumpkin mash. What’s for dessert? Pumpkin tart with whipped cream, caramel fudge, chocolate quenelle and pistachios.
On routes with Emirates’ A380 aircraft, customers will also get a taste of Thanksgiving in the iconic onboard lounge with limited-edition pumpkin cupcakes.
Economy travelers headed to the US will get to indulge in tasty roasted turkey served with cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and roasted pumpkin in maple syrup.
Lounge visitors will get to enjoy Thanksgiving celebrations, which kick off in the US this week. From Nov. 8-22, Emirates lounges in New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX) will serve authentic Thanksgiving meals including turkey dishes and mini pumpkin pies. Customers traveling out of any of the seven Dubai lounges on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22, will also get to sample the special menu.
All images courtesy of Emirates.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees