This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers flying Emirates are in for a treat this holiday season, starting off with a Thanksgiving-themed menu across all cabins on flights between Dubai and the US, as well as in Dubai and US airport lounges.
The Thanksgiving menu will be available to customers traveling between Dubai and the US, from Nov. 22-25. First and business class passengers can choose from a variety of appetizers:
- smoked duck salad, served with poached fig, pickled beetroot, green beans, plum chutney and hazelnuts
- creamy cauliflower soup
- pumpkin soup with toasted pumpkins seeds and chives
- smoked ocean trout with crème fraîche, cocktail onions and caper berries
For entrees, first and business class customers will enjoy Thanksgiving roasted turkey served with chestnut stuffing, cranberry jus lié and either mashed potatoes or pumpkin mash. What’s for dessert? Pumpkin tart with whipped cream, caramel fudge, chocolate quenelle and pistachios.
On routes with Emirates’ A380 aircraft, customers will also get a taste of Thanksgiving in the iconic onboard lounge with limited-edition pumpkin cupcakes.
Economy travelers headed to the US will get to indulge in tasty roasted turkey served with cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and roasted pumpkin in maple syrup.
Lounge visitors will get to enjoy Thanksgiving celebrations, which kick off in the US this week. From Nov. 8-22, Emirates lounges in New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX) will serve authentic Thanksgiving meals including turkey dishes and mini pumpkin pies. Customers traveling out of any of the seven Dubai lounges on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22, will also get to sample the special menu.
All images courtesy of Emirates.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees