This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers flying Emirates are in for a treat this holiday season, starting off with a Thanksgiving-themed menu across all cabins on flights between Dubai and the US, as well as in Dubai and US airport lounges.
The Thanksgiving menu will be available to customers traveling between Dubai and the US, from Nov. 22-25. First and business class passengers can choose from a variety of appetizers:
- smoked duck salad, served with poached fig, pickled beetroot, green beans, plum chutney and hazelnuts
- creamy cauliflower soup
- pumpkin soup with toasted pumpkins seeds and chives
- smoked ocean trout with crème fraîche, cocktail onions and caper berries
For entrees, first and business class customers will enjoy Thanksgiving roasted turkey served with chestnut stuffing, cranberry jus lié and either mashed potatoes or pumpkin mash. What’s for dessert? Pumpkin tart with whipped cream, caramel fudge, chocolate quenelle and pistachios.
On routes with Emirates’ A380 aircraft, customers will also get a taste of Thanksgiving in the iconic onboard lounge with limited-edition pumpkin cupcakes.
Economy travelers headed to the US will get to indulge in tasty roasted turkey served with cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and roasted pumpkin in maple syrup.
Lounge visitors will get to enjoy Thanksgiving celebrations, which kick off in the US this week. From Nov. 8-22, Emirates lounges in New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX) will serve authentic Thanksgiving meals including turkey dishes and mini pumpkin pies. Customers traveling out of any of the seven Dubai lounges on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22, will also get to sample the special menu.
All images courtesy of Emirates.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards