Emirates Is Recruiting for Cabin Crew Positions in NYC and LA
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have you always wanted to work on a plane and travel the world? Well, this could be your chance to do just that.
Emirates is now looking for crew members on its flights all over the world. On August 4, they’re coming to New York City to recruit new members to its cabin crew. Then, on August 30, they’re stopping in LA for recruitment as well.
Being a part of Emirates cabin crew requires extensive training, and the airline is specific about its flight attendants’ personal grooming and presentation. But the job opportunity allows crew to see the places they’ve always hoped to and become familiar with a plethora of cultures.
The position requires you to live with other cabin crew in Dubai, and accommodations and utilities are free of charge. Benefits also include layover expense coverage for hotels, transport and meals, concessional travel for the employee as well as family and friends, transportation to and from work and the Training College, uniform, leave days, medical and dental services, insurance and exclusive shopping discounts.
The basic monthly salary is AED 4260 ($1159.81 USD) and the fly pay is AED 58 ($15.79 USD) per hour. Emirates figures about 80-100 hours of flying/month. So, the approximate average monthly pay comes out to AED 9500 ($2,586.42 USD) tax free.
The foreign carrier provides extensive information about the application process and assessment day on its site, including some vital information on how to show up properly groomed for assessment day. Besides arriving early, looking the part, becoming involved in the exercises that will be presented and, of course, being yourself, there are some other requirements you’ll need to meet to be considered, including the following:
- At least 21 years of age at the time of joining
- Arm reach of 212 cm while standing on tiptoes
- Minimum height of 160 cm (About 5’2)
- High school graduate (Grade 12)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- No visible tattoos while you’re in Emirates cabin crew uniform (cosmetic and bandage coverings aren’t allowed)
- Can adapt to new people, new places and new situations
- Physically fit for this demanding role with a healthy Body Mass Index (BMI)
So, refresh your resumés, measure those arms and get your business attire ready if you want to apply.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees