Emirates Flight Attendant Accused of Stealing More Than $5,000 From Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An Emirates flight attendant is accused of stealing 18,500 Dirhams (~$5,000) from a group of passengers who were in the business-class cabin.
The flight was traveling from Thailand to Dubai in June, and the three victims were brothers sitting in business class. According to Gulf News, which cites court documents, the brothers were traveling also with their father, who fell ill during the flight. The brothers went to check on their father, and when they returned to their seats, a total of 18,500 Dirhams in different currencies had been stolen from their wallets.
When the brothers noticed their missing belongings, they notified the crew’s supervisor, who also informed the police. The following police investigation determined that a 37-year-old male flight attendant had stolen the cash, based on his fingerprints matching those from one of the wallets. The flight attendant was charged.
When he appeared before the Dubai Court of First Instance on Wednesday, the suspect pleaded not guilty to the charges. The trial is currently adjourned until the suspect’s lawyer can review the case file.
The incident serves as a reminder to always keep your eyes on your valuable belongings while inflight.
Featured image by KARIM SAHIB / AFP / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees