Elle Magazine to open hotels in Paris and Mexico
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The future of print magazines may be uncertain, but one venerable brand is looking beyond the page to bring its aesthetic to the world of hospitality. Elle, the iconic fashion publication, yesterday announced the launch of Elle Hospitality; this group features two new brands — Maison Elle and Elle Hotel — that will combine “lifestyle-focused destinations and stylish accommodations.”
City-centric Maison Elle will feature boutique hotels in urban centers around Europe and China with “affordable” rates, a combination of “convenience and practicality” and personalized service, according to the company. For the Elle Hotel, the company is focusing on high-end experiences and resort destinations for “regenerative retreats.” For both brands, expect the magazine’s emphasis on the latest trends to be evident in the decor and design.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Maison Elle, Paris, is opening in partnership with Studio V, which will own and operate the hotel. The 25-room property will be located in Paris’ 17th arrondissement, near the Arc de Triomphe.
After its Paris launch, Maison Elle will expand across Europe and China (specific locations have not yet been announced) in central urban locations for a “fashion-forward traveler.” The brand is positioning itself not only as design-forward, but also as “affordable” in hopes of attracting travelers looking for everything from a weekend getaway to extended stays.
“Beyond the hotels themselves, our guests look for meaning and a sense of belonging,” Pascal Donat, CEO of Valotel and Studio V, said. He said the company is “bringing to life a brand’s emotional connection with the consumer, through hospitality experiences and design, is central to our approach with Maison Elle.”
For the Elle Hotel brand, the first property will open its doors in Jalisco, Mexico, in summer 2023 along a stretch of western Mexico’s Pacific Coast.
Mexican real estate developer Actur will lead this first Elle Hotel project.
Featured image by James O’Neil/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees