This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the second year in a row, Chef Daniel Humm and restaurateur Will Guidara of Eleven Madison Park are bringing their summer magic back to the Hamptons. As of Tuesday, American Express card members can begin booking 2018 reservations for EMP Summer House, the East Hamptons pop-up restaurant from the creators of The World’s Best Restaurant.
EMP Summer House is an annual pop-up tradition hosted in partnership with American Express, and is one of TPG’s favorite dining experiences. This ultimate foodie experience is exclusively available to American Express cardholders, and can only be reserved and paid for using an Amex card. Reservations are available for the dining room, limited seating in the covered patio and special experiences, while the backyard will be reserved for walk-ins only.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with American Express once again to bring EMP Summer House back to the Hamptons,” Guidara said. “We had originally planned the pop-up for one season, but had such an incredible experience with our guests and our staff last summer that we… realized there was no choice but to create a sequel.”
Starting May 1, reservations are available for dates between May 25 and June 30, 2018. Bookings for later dates will be made available on the first day of each following month:
- June 1: For July 1-31 reservations
- July 1: For August 1 through Labor Day reservations
The pop-up will offer three different dining experiences:
The EMP Summer House is a more casual outpost of what diners would find at Eleven Madison Park in NYC, with a seasonal à la carte menu featuring plenty of seafood including grilled fish and raw options, pastas, steaks and dishes cooked in a wood-burning oven. The indoor dining room will be slightly more formal, with the covered patio and backyard offering a more casual setting.
Select dishes on the menu at EMP Summer House will include:
- Lobster tempura with bibb lettuce, pickled radish and chile-lime aioli
- Tomato salad with strawberries and almonds
- Corn flatbread with parmesan and truffle
- Ribeye for two, wood-fired with shallot, parmesan and potato
Reservations require a $50 deposit per person, paid via Amex.
The Large Format Taco Experience is for 6-8 people, served at picnic tables on the covered patio area. The meal is complete with corn tortillas, guacamole, and other taco accoutrements for a prepaid $95–$125 reservation per person.
The Large Format Lobster Boil is for 6-8 people, served at picnic tables on the covered patio area and includes clams, shrimp, andouille sausage, potatoes, corn, summer vegetables, parker house rolls, tomato salad and a seasonal pie for a prepaid $125 reservation per person.
While the menu is subject to change, additional details, pricing and booking can be found here. Reservations are filling up fast.
The EMP Summer House experience isn’t Hamm and Guidara’s only pop-up for 2018. Earlier this year the culinary pioneers also announced an EMP Winter House pop-up in Aspen to take place later in 2018.
Featured image courtesy of American Express.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That's up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees