This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the second year in a row, Chef Daniel Humm and restaurateur Will Guidara of Eleven Madison Park are bringing their summer magic back to the Hamptons. As of Tuesday, American Express card members can begin booking 2018 reservations for EMP Summer House, the East Hamptons pop-up restaurant from the creators of The World’s Best Restaurant.
EMP Summer House is an annual pop-up tradition hosted in partnership with American Express, and is one of TPG’s favorite dining experiences. This ultimate foodie experience is exclusively available to American Express cardholders, and can only be reserved and paid for using an Amex card. Reservations are available for the dining room, limited seating in the covered patio and special experiences, while the backyard will be reserved for walk-ins only.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with American Express once again to bring EMP Summer House back to the Hamptons,” Guidara said. “We had originally planned the pop-up for one season, but had such an incredible experience with our guests and our staff last summer that we… realized there was no choice but to create a sequel.”
Starting May 1, reservations are available for dates between May 25 and June 30, 2018. Bookings for later dates will be made available on the first day of each following month:
- June 1: For July 1-31 reservations
- July 1: For August 1 through Labor Day reservations
The pop-up will offer three different dining experiences:
The EMP Summer House is a more casual outpost of what diners would find at Eleven Madison Park in NYC, with a seasonal à la carte menu featuring plenty of seafood including grilled fish and raw options, pastas, steaks and dishes cooked in a wood-burning oven. The indoor dining room will be slightly more formal, with the covered patio and backyard offering a more casual setting.
Select dishes on the menu at EMP Summer House will include:
- Lobster tempura with bibb lettuce, pickled radish and chile-lime aioli
- Tomato salad with strawberries and almonds
- Corn flatbread with parmesan and truffle
- Ribeye for two, wood-fired with shallot, parmesan and potato
Reservations require a $50 deposit per person, paid via Amex.
The Large Format Taco Experience is for 6-8 people, served at picnic tables on the covered patio area. The meal is complete with corn tortillas, guacamole, and other taco accoutrements for a prepaid $95–$125 reservation per person.
The Large Format Lobster Boil is for 6-8 people, served at picnic tables on the covered patio area and includes clams, shrimp, andouille sausage, potatoes, corn, summer vegetables, parker house rolls, tomato salad and a seasonal pie for a prepaid $125 reservation per person.
While the menu is subject to change, additional details, pricing and booking can be found here. Reservations are filling up fast.
The EMP Summer House experience isn’t Hamm and Guidara’s only pop-up for 2018. Earlier this year the culinary pioneers also announced an EMP Winter House pop-up in Aspen to take place later in 2018.
Featured image courtesy of American Express.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees