World’s Best Restaurant Revives Its Hamptons Summer Pop-Up
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the second year in a row, Chef Daniel Humm and restaurateur Will Guidara of Eleven Madison Park are bringing their summer magic back to the Hamptons. As of Tuesday, American Express card members can begin booking 2018 reservations for EMP Summer House, the East Hamptons pop-up restaurant from the creators of The World’s Best Restaurant.
EMP Summer House is an annual pop-up tradition hosted in partnership with American Express, and is one of TPG’s favorite dining experiences. This ultimate foodie experience is exclusively available to American Express cardholders, and can only be reserved and paid for using an Amex card. Reservations are available for the dining room, limited seating in the covered patio and special experiences, while the backyard will be reserved for walk-ins only.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with American Express once again to bring EMP Summer House back to the Hamptons,” Guidara said. “We had originally planned the pop-up for one season, but had such an incredible experience with our guests and our staff last summer that we… realized there was no choice but to create a sequel.”
Starting May 1, reservations are available for dates between May 25 and June 30, 2018. Bookings for later dates will be made available on the first day of each following month:
- June 1: For July 1-31 reservations
- July 1: For August 1 through Labor Day reservations
The pop-up will offer three different dining experiences:
The EMP Summer House is a more casual outpost of what diners would find at Eleven Madison Park in NYC, with a seasonal à la carte menu featuring plenty of seafood including grilled fish and raw options, pastas, steaks and dishes cooked in a wood-burning oven. The indoor dining room will be slightly more formal, with the covered patio and backyard offering a more casual setting.
Select dishes on the menu at EMP Summer House will include:
- Lobster tempura with bibb lettuce, pickled radish and chile-lime aioli
- Tomato salad with strawberries and almonds
- Corn flatbread with parmesan and truffle
- Ribeye for two, wood-fired with shallot, parmesan and potato
Reservations require a $50 deposit per person, paid via Amex.
The Large Format Taco Experience is for 6-8 people, served at picnic tables on the covered patio area. The meal is complete with corn tortillas, guacamole, and other taco accoutrements for a prepaid $95–$125 reservation per person.
The Large Format Lobster Boil is for 6-8 people, served at picnic tables on the covered patio area and includes clams, shrimp, andouille sausage, potatoes, corn, summer vegetables, parker house rolls, tomato salad and a seasonal pie for a prepaid $125 reservation per person.
While the menu is subject to change, additional details, pricing and booking can be found here. Reservations are filling up fast.
The EMP Summer House experience isn’t Hamm and Guidara’s only pop-up for 2018. Earlier this year the culinary pioneers also announced an EMP Winter House pop-up in Aspen to take place later in 2018.
Featured image courtesy of American Express.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees