Fairmont to honor Hilton status benefits for stays at the reflagged El San Juan Hotel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new details from Fairmont. It was originally published on Jan. 10, 2020.
Since then, Fairmont has reached out to TPG to offer some more details about the brand change and how it affects travelers with Hilton Honors points reservations. Here’s what Jeff Doane, SVP, sales & marketing, North & Central America, had to say about Hilton Honors reservations:
Fairmont El San Juan Hotel is happy to honor all upcoming reservations, and all Hilton Honors members will be welcomed at the hotel with all the benefits of their current Hilton Honors status, as well as receive a bonus point offering if they choose to join ALL – Accor Live Limitless upon check-in. As the hotel is unable to facilitate the redemption of Hilton Honors points following the reflag, members with redemption reservations currently on the books will be extended an exceptional preferred rate if they would like to maintain their booking. Hilton contacted all Hilton Honors members with impacted reservations to help them understand their options, including relocation to another Hilton hotel or keeping their reservation at Fairmont El San Juan Hotel.
To make stays more attractive to new ALL – Accor Live Limitless members, the hotel is offering 3x points for stays through March 31 (reservations must be made by Feb. 29).
The brand change from Hilton to Fairmont at the El San Juan Hotel went into effect Jan. 2, 2020, when the hotel owner’s franchise agreement with Hilton expired. The beach resort, on a two-mile stretch of Isla Verde Beach in San Juan, Puerto Rico, only recently reopened in December 2018 after a $65 million rehab that was necessary after suffering damage during Hurricane Maria the year before. The rebranding is interesting since before the El San Juan, the only other Fairmont property in the Caribbean was Barbados’ Royal Pavilion.
The Caribbean Journal reported that Heather McCrory, CEO of North and Central America at Accor said the “Puerto Rico expansion was part of a period of ‘tremendous growth’ ahead in the region.”
Featured image by Photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees