This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Just months after IHG opened its newest budget-minded brand Avid in Oklahoma City, it’s enabling members to earn and redeem IHG Rewards Club points at one of the most exclusive property chains in the world. Following the acquisition of a majority stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts in March 2018, IHG is now ready to formally fold the Regent portfolio into the IHG collection.
Beginning Feb. 1, 2019, you’ll be able to earn IHG points while staying at Regent properties, and you’ll also be able to exchange IHG points for free nights there. As of now, just six ultra-luxe Regent properties exist:
- Regent Taipei
- Regent Berlin
- Regent Porto Montenegro
- Regent Beijing
- Regent Chongqing
- Regent Singapore
That said, Regent’s reach will soon expand with the opening of Regent Phu Quoc in 2019 and Regent Jakarta in 2020. IHG has already stated that it hopes to grow the Regent brand from six hotels to 40 in due time, with Regent Kuala Lumpur already in the works alongside a plan to rebrand the InterContinental Hong Kong, which is set to become a Regent hotel in 2021. The rebrand will see the hotel return to its roots, having first opened its doors as a Regent in 1980.
There’s no word yet on where Regent properties will sit along the IHG reward spectrum. It’ll no doubt be at the high-end, but only time will tell if IHG carves out a new tier for these high-end properties. We’re also in wait-and-see mode in terms of the chain’s Ambassador program. Currently, that program applies to its InterContinental portfolio, but it’s not a reach to think Regent’s clientele would appreciate similar perks.
All images courtesy of Regent.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees