Today Only: Earn 5x AAdvantage Miles on Apple Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Thursday American Airlines AAdvantage Shopping is offering a bonus earning structure for purchases made at Apple — 5x miles on your Apple purchases made through the AAdvatnage Shopping portal. Plus, you can earn even more with AA’s latest shopping portal promotion.
Shopping portals seldom offer elevated mileage earnings on Apple purchases, and when they do, it’s generally for one day only. As with most Apple elevations, not all purchases made are eligible for the bonus mileage earning. The terms and conditions state that newly released products may not be eligible. In addition, gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products and expedited shipping will not get you the bonus miles.
Since this offer is around for today only, it’ll be better to act sooner rather than later if you’ve been eyeing an Apple purchase and want to earn bonus AA miles for it. Perhaps the best part about this offer is that the bonus mileage earning can be stacked with American’s back-to-school promotion, with which you can earn up to 1,500 additional miles for cumulative purchases totaling $350 or more.
So, if you were to make a purchase totaling $500, which isn’t that hard to do at Apple, you’d walk away with 4,000 bonus American Airlines miles — plus the bonus points per dollar on your credit card. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 4,000 bonus miles are worth $56.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus points or miles with an airline or point currency of your choosing. If you’ve been planning to make an Apple purchase, consider purchasing soon to earn 5x AAdvantage miles per dollar spent with the retailer, as well as the possibility to earn an additional 1,500 if your purchase is more than $350.
Featured image by Chesnot/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.