Today Only: Earn 5x AAdvantage Miles on Apple Purchases
On Thursday American Airlines AAdvantage Shopping is offering a bonus earning structure for purchases made at Apple — 5x miles on your Apple purchases made through the AAdvatnage Shopping portal. Plus, you can earn even more with AA’s latest shopping portal promotion.
Shopping portals seldom offer elevated mileage earnings on Apple purchases, and when they do, it’s generally for one day only. As with most Apple elevations, not all purchases made are eligible for the bonus mileage earning. The terms and conditions state that newly released products may not be eligible. In addition, gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products and expedited shipping will not get you the bonus miles.
Since this offer is around for today only, it’ll be better to act sooner rather than later if you’ve been eyeing an Apple purchase and want to earn bonus AA miles for it. Perhaps the best part about this offer is that the bonus mileage earning can be stacked with American’s back-to-school promotion, with which you can earn up to 1,500 additional miles for cumulative purchases totaling $350 or more.
So, if you were to make a purchase totaling $500, which isn’t that hard to do at Apple, you’d walk away with 4,000 bonus American Airlines miles — plus the bonus points per dollar on your credit card. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 4,000 bonus miles are worth $56.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus points or miles with an airline or point currency of your choosing. If you’ve been planning to make an Apple purchase, consider purchasing soon to earn 5x AAdvantage miles per dollar spent with the retailer, as well as the possibility to earn an additional 1,500 if your purchase is more than $350.
Featured image by Chesnot/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees