Earn up to 110,000 points with targeted Amex Business Platinum offer
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is one of the most valuable (and expensive) rewards cards on the market, and it’s been getting a lot of great press after launching a limited-time elevated 100,000-point welcome offer. Now through Dec. 4, 2019, new applicants can earn up to 100,000 Amex Membership Rewards points: 50,000 after spending $10,000 in the first three months, and another 50,000 after spending $15,000 total in the first three months.
This is one of the top welcome offers available from any card (worth $2,000 based on TPG’s valuations), but it might be possible to do better. Doctor of Credit is reporting that a number of users have been targeted for an even higher welcome offer of up to 110,000 Membership Rewards points.
This offer is also tiered, and still requires a total of $25,000 in spending in three months in order to earn the full bonus. New applicants will earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $10,000 in the first three months, and 50,000 points after spending $25,000 total in the first three months. TPG values Membership Rewards points at two cents each, making those extra 10,000 points worth $200.
With an annual fee of $595 (see rates and fees), the Business Platinum is one of the most expensive credit cards on the market. You can go a long way toward offsetting that fee if you take advantage of the card’s $200 annual airline-incidental-fee credit and $200 annual Dell technology statement credit ($100 semi-annually). Like the other versions of the Amex Platinum, the Business Platinum also comes with a Priority Pass Select membership, access to Amex’s global collection of Centurion lounges, access to Delta SkyClubs when flying Delta and access to Airspace and Escape lounges.
Whenever you’re applying for a new credit card, you should always make sure you’re earning the highest possible welcome bonus, but it’s even more important to do so when Amex is the issuer because it only allows you to earn the bonus on each of its credit cards once per lifetime.
If you’re lucky enough to be targeted for this 110,000-point welcome offer (which doesn’t require any additional spending over the public offer) this card is a no-brainer, but even if you’re not, you should strongly consider applying for the public 100,000-point offer before it expires on Dec. 4.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.