Earn up to 110,000 points with targeted Amex Business Platinum offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is one of the most valuable (and expensive) rewards cards on the market, and it’s been getting a lot of great press after launching a limited-time elevated 100,000-point welcome offer. Now through Dec. 4, 2019, new applicants can earn up to 100,000 Amex Membership Rewards points: 50,000 after spending $10,000 in the first three months, and another 50,000 after spending $15,000 total in the first three months.
This is one of the top welcome offers available from any card (worth $2,000 based on TPG’s valuations), but it might be possible to do better. Doctor of Credit is reporting that a number of users have been targeted for an even higher welcome offer of up to 110,000 Membership Rewards points.
This offer is also tiered, and still requires a total of $25,000 in spending in three months in order to earn the full bonus. New applicants will earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $10,000 in the first three months, and 50,000 points after spending $25,000 total in the first three months. TPG values Membership Rewards points at two cents each, making those extra 10,000 points worth $200.
With an annual fee of $595 (see rates and fees), the Business Platinum is one of the most expensive credit cards on the market. You can go a long way toward offsetting that fee if you take advantage of the card’s $200 annual airline-incidental-fee credit and $200 annual Dell technology statement credit ($100 semi-annually). Like the other versions of the Amex Platinum, the Business Platinum also comes with a Priority Pass Select membership, access to Amex’s global collection of Centurion lounges, access to Delta SkyClubs when flying Delta and access to Airspace and Escape lounges.
Whenever you’re applying for a new credit card, you should always make sure you’re earning the highest possible welcome bonus, but it’s even more important to do so when Amex is the issuer because it only allows you to earn the bonus on each of its credit cards once per lifetime.
If you’re lucky enough to be targeted for this 110,000-point welcome offer (which doesn’t require any additional spending over the public offer) this card is a no-brainer, but even if you’re not, you should strongly consider applying for the public 100,000-point offer before it expires on Dec. 4.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees