This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
IHG is currently offering a promotion where you can earn 10,000 bonus points when staying at nineteen new and featured properties. TPG’s latest valuation values these points at $60, but you might value this bonus even higher since 10k points are enough for two nights at a 5,000-point PointsBreaks property or one night at a Category 1 property.
Unfortunately, the details of the promotion are vague and the promotion web page doesn’t show any terms or conditions. Here are the details as I understand them:
- Stay 2+ nights at an eligible hotel and get 10,000 IHG points.
- The promotion doesn’t specifically require 2+ nights, but I’ve failed to find an eligible stay of just one night.
- The promotion doesn’t list a maximum number of points that can be earned.
- Stays must be booked by September 30, 2018. The stay must be completed by October 31, 2018.
- Search for and book hotels from the promotion page at this link, as otherwise the promotion will not show up and you won’t receive the bonus points.
The following 19 properties are listed on the promotion page:
- Georgia: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N – Woodstock
- Georgia: Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
- Florida: EVEN Hotel Sarasota – Lakewood Ranch
- Florida: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
- Florida: Holiday Inn Orlando-International Airport
- Florida: Staybridge Suites Naples – Gulf Coast
- New Jersey: Candlewood Suites Jersey City
- New York: InterContinental New York Times Square
- New York: Staybridge Suites: Times Square – New York City
- Oregon: EVEN Hotel Eugene
- Pennsylvania: Hotel Indigo Harrisburg – Hershey
- Pennsylvania: Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty
- South Dakota: Holiday Inn & Suites Sioux Falls – Airport
- Texas: Staybridge Suites Lake Jackson
- Washington: EVEN Hotels Seattle – South Lake Union
- Washington: Holiday Inn & Suites Bellingham
- Washington: Staybridge Suites Seattle – South Lake Union
- Canada: Staybridge Suites Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Colombia: Crowne Plaza Barranquilla
The “IHG® Rewards Club — 10,000 Bonus Points” rate may not always be best, especially if you are ready to make a non-refundable reservation or don’t value IHG points very highly.
This is a loosely defined promotion that has the potential to provide excellent value. However, in a quick search of many of the eligible properties, I was unable to find any low nightly rates using the promotion’s rate. So, this promotion won’t be worth mattress-running for — but it could provide value if you’re already planning on visiting one of these cities.
H/T: Frequent Miler
Featured image courtesy of InterContinental New York Times Square.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn up to 120,000 points, worth up to $600 with the IHG Rewards Premier Card. With this card you'll get IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status which more than negates the value of the $89 annual fee. You'll also earn 10 points per dollar at IHG hotels, 2 points per dollar on gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants and 1 point per dollar on everything else.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening plus an additional 40,000 bonus points after spending a total of $5,000 on purchases within 6 months of account opening
- Enjoy a Free Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn 10 points per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®