You can earn 1,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points just for doing your taxes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
In case you haven’t heard yet, it’s tax filing season, and Southwest Airlines is making everyone’s least-favorite time of year a little less painful by rewarding anyone who files with TurboTax with 1,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points. All you have to do is go through the Rapid Rewards shopping portal.
The bonus is available across various versions of TurboTax including the free edition, TurboTax Deluxe, TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Self-Employed and TurboTax Live. Just be sure to file by the April 15th deadline.
While 1,000 Rapid Rewards points isn’t the most lucrative offering, it can certainly help top off your account or build up your balance further. Bottom line: If you already planned to file your taxes through TurboTax, there’s no reason to not claim your bonus points. All it takes is one additional easy step.
You can expect to see your bonus points post within eight weeks.
Unfortunately, the bonus doesn’t count towards A-List, A-List Preferred or Companion Pass qualification. However, it could ultimately lead to an award booking.
Just this past October, Southwest upped the ante and is now requiring travelers to earn 125,000 points instead of 110,000. One of the easiest methods for earning the pass is by signing up for a co-branded credit card, like the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card which all offer an up to 75,000-point welcome bonus; earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first three months, plus an additional 35,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first six months of account opening.
And if you’re considering making Southwest your airline of choice, here’s exactly why you should do that, courtesy of TPG’s very own Aviation Queen and Southwest fan, Benèt Wilson.
Featured photo by Benét J. Wilson / The Points Guy.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees