Earn 1,000 Bonus Miles Through United’s Shopping Portal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United has launched a new promotion for its United MileagePlus shopping portal. The deal can net you up to 1,000 bonus miles on purchases through one of the shopping portal’s 850+ partners.
The promotion begins today and runs through June 24. You’ll earn miles at the following tiers:
- Earn 500 bonus miles after spending $125
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles after spending $150
The bonus is on top of the normal miles you’ll earn for for shopping through the United portal. So if you spent $200 at Banana Republic, which currently has an earn rate of 2 miles per dollar spent, you’d earn 400 miles for the purchase plus the additional 1,000 bonus miles for a grand total of 1,400 miles.
Note that you don’t need to make a single purchase of $125 or $150 to earn the bonus miles; you could make two separate $80 purchases from different stores and still qualify for the bonus.
Even with the bonus miles from United, it could still make sense to go through a separate shopping portal. You can use a shopping portal aggregator to compare the earn rates of stores. And don’t forgot to maximize your purchase by using a credit card that earns the most points on non-category bonus spend.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.