Earn 1,000 Bonus Miles Through United’s Shopping Portal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United has launched a new promotion for its United MileagePlus shopping portal. The deal can net you up to 1,000 bonus miles on purchases through one of the shopping portal’s 850+ partners.
The promotion begins today and runs through June 24. You’ll earn miles at the following tiers:
- Earn 500 bonus miles after spending $125
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles after spending $150
The bonus is on top of the normal miles you’ll earn for for shopping through the United portal. So if you spent $200 at Banana Republic, which currently has an earn rate of 2 miles per dollar spent, you’d earn 400 miles for the purchase plus the additional 1,000 bonus miles for a grand total of 1,400 miles.
Note that you don’t need to make a single purchase of $125 or $150 to earn the bonus miles; you could make two separate $80 purchases from different stores and still qualify for the bonus.
Even with the bonus miles from United, it could still make sense to go through a separate shopping portal. You can use a shopping portal aggregator to compare the earn rates of stores. And don’t forgot to maximize your purchase by using a credit card that earns the most points on non-category bonus spend.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees