This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a quick way to earn some nice bonus points while doing your holiday shopping. American Express is sending out targeted emails to earn 1,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after downloading the District by ShopRunner app and making just one purchase.
Nearly all American Express cardholders have access to a complimentary Shoprunner membership, which provides free two-day shipping and returns for items purchased from a large number of retailers including Brooks Brothers, eBags and Saks Fifth Avenue. According to TPG valuations, 1,000 Membership Rewards points are worth $20, so if you already planned at shopping at one of these stores over the next few weeks, you might as well do it this way.
If you haven’t already signed up for Shoprunner, than you can here. As long as your eligible Amex card is set as your default payment method, then you should automatically access all the Shoprunner benefits at each participating store.
Earning your bonus Amex points requires a few steps, including holding a Membership Rewards earning card. First, see if your targeted for the offer, you’ll know if you received an email from Amex regarding the promo. In the email account that you receive Amex communications from search: “Get 1,000 Membership Rewards points on your last minute holiday shopping” or “ShopRunner,” and if you see the below email you should be eligible for the offer:
You’ll then have to download the District by ShopRunner app and purchase an item through the app with your enrolled American Express card by Dec. 31, 2018. Just make sure your order qualifies to be shipped through ShopRunner, as not all items are. Usually orders need to be $25 or more to qualify.
Membership Rewards Earning American Express cards include:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
- American Express® Gold Card
- American Express® Business Gold Card
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express
Featured image by Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at Marriott and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,200 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees