‘Drunk and Disorderly’ Flight Attendant Disturbs Passengers on United Flight
Passengers on a United flight from Denver (DEN) to Williston, North Dakota (ISN), Thursday were compensated by the airline after a flight attendant who passengers say was “drunk and disorderly” disturbed flyers on board.
In a since-deleted tweet, passenger Erika Gorman shared pictures of the unkempt flight attendant on Flight 4689, operated by Trans States Airlines. The employee was putting her face inches away from another passenger’s, NBC News 5 Chicago reports. The text along with that tweet called the flight “terrifying.”
According to Gorman, the flight attendant made an announcement over the plane’s loudspeaker, saying “if your seatbelt isn’t tight, you F^*%ed up.”
Gorman said the flight attendant became “belligerent,” and she eventually had to go to the cockpit to alert the captain. Police were waiting for the flight attendant when the plane landed in North Dakota.
Drunk and disorderly—belligerent flight attendant. Boarding announcements were “if your seatbelt isn’t tight, you F^*%ed up.” I went to the cockpit and talked to the captain and police were waiting when we landed. My pics and you have my permission.
— Erika Gorman (@EbgormanErika) May 4, 2018
“We are aware of a concerning incident involving a flight attendant serving on our regional service provider Trans States Airlines flight 4689,” United told TPG. “As a gesture of goodwill, we have compensated all customers aboard the flight and we apologize for any inconvenience or distress this may have caused. The safety of our customers and crew aboard all United and Trans States flights is a top priority.”
The employee will be held out of service pending an investigation, according to NBC 5 Chicago.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees