Get 500 points per Uber ride on Drop
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Drop, the Canada-based company offering rewards for shopping, has launched a new bonus for users of its app. As first reported by Doctor of Credit, customers can log onto their app to find the bonus: 500 points per ride, equivalent to 50 cents. The offer may be targeted, so check to see if it loads for you.
Once selected, customers have two hours to use the offer, though they can take as many rides as they like during the two hour window. In order to use again, you’ll need to navigate back through the Drop app to Uber and unfortunately, the offer isn’t valid on UberEats.
Drop is a great way to earn points redeemable for use at large websites like Amazon or Starbucks and offers competitive rewards. It’s similar to other reward apps, like United MileagePlusX or Dosh, and features more than three million users.
This is a pretty solid deal for Uber users, especially on shorter rides — though be sure to put your spend on a card that maximizes return on travel with Uber, like Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x bonus points on travel) or the Uber Visa credit card (5% cash back on Uber).
Feature photo by Darren Murph/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees