This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those who are still waiting for their letter from Hogwarts to arrive even though it’s been more than 10 years— your time has come.
Rock Star Beer Festivals is calling on all Harry Potter fans 21 and older to drop in for an adult butterbeer and various other magical “potions” at the “Wizards and Witches Beer Festival.” The touring festival, which kicked off on Nov. 24 in San Diego, has been making its way through the US, bringing nostalgia and magic to cities such as Denver, Portland, Seattle and Austin.
“We try to find venues that fit the theme, like historic building[s] and modified churches,” Rock Star Beer Festivals’ director of marketing and sales Ryan Wieczorek told Delish in an email. So far, some venues have included The Irenic (a Church by day, music venue by night in San Diego) and The Church (a gothic church that was converted into a nightclub in Denver). All have been decorated to emulate classic Potter settings like the Leaky Cauldron, Diagon Alley and Hogwarts’ Great Hall.
Each event also features an array of beverages (alcoholic and not) straight out of the wizarding world. Muggles can enjoy up to 20 winter-themed and holiday ales, special ciders and “Snape’s Lair of Secret Cider Potions.” And butterbeer, of course.
There will also be live music, a DJ, food and the chance to take photos with some of your favorite Harry Potter characters.
As of now, only four remaining dates are open for cities including Seattle, Denver, Louisville and Austin. Tickets for the festival are $35 a pop and, obviously, all party-goers must be 21 or older. However, if (like me) you aren’t going to be in these locations any time soon and you still want to be a part of the magic, Rock Star Beer Festivals will announce any new dates and locations on their Facebook page.
Featured photo by Tom Merton/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards