This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those who are still waiting for their letter from Hogwarts to arrive even though it’s been more than 10 years— your time has come.
Rock Star Beer Festivals is calling on all Harry Potter fans 21 and older to drop in for an adult butterbeer and various other magical “potions” at the “Wizards and Witches Beer Festival.” The touring festival, which kicked off on Nov. 24 in San Diego, has been making its way through the US, bringing nostalgia and magic to cities such as Denver, Portland, Seattle and Austin.
“We try to find venues that fit the theme, like historic building[s] and modified churches,” Rock Star Beer Festivals’ director of marketing and sales Ryan Wieczorek told Delish in an email. So far, some venues have included The Irenic (a Church by day, music venue by night in San Diego) and The Church (a gothic church that was converted into a nightclub in Denver). All have been decorated to emulate classic Potter settings like the Leaky Cauldron, Diagon Alley and Hogwarts’ Great Hall.
Each event also features an array of beverages (alcoholic and not) straight out of the wizarding world. Muggles can enjoy up to 20 winter-themed and holiday ales, special ciders and “Snape’s Lair of Secret Cider Potions.” And butterbeer, of course.
There will also be live music, a DJ, food and the chance to take photos with some of your favorite Harry Potter characters.
As of now, only four remaining dates are open for cities including Seattle, Denver, Louisville and Austin. Tickets for the festival are $35 a pop and, obviously, all party-goers must be 21 or older. However, if (like me) you aren’t going to be in these locations any time soon and you still want to be a part of the magic, Rock Star Beer Festivals will announce any new dates and locations on their Facebook page.
Featured photo by Tom Merton/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees