This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve always fantasized about driving a 27-foot-long hotdog on wheels, Oscar Mayer has a dream job for you.
The purveyor of meats is accepting applications for the role of official “Hotdogger.” According to the company’s website, this person will be responsible for driving the iconic Wienermobile across the country, and will serve as a goodwill ambassador (making television and radio appearances; going on grocery store and military visits; appearing at charity functions).
And according to one former Hotdogger, it’s a great opportunity to hone marketing skills and see the country.
OK, the Hotdogger will basically operate like a traveling public relations mobile. Fortunately, the gig comes with a pretty cool company car.
Oscar Mayer will bestow the keys to the wiener-on-wheels to an outgoing, sociable candidate with a college degree (preferably in journalism or communications). If you don’t have a driver’s license, you’re probably barking up the wrong tree. This person must also be able to commit to a job that’s all about being on the road. (Unfortunately, though the job demands a lot of travel, you won’t be able to rack up many frequent flyer miles.)
If you’re lucky enough to become the Hotdogger, prepare for 40-hours of instruction at Hot Dog High, the company’s training grounds located in Madison, Wisconsin. This is where you’ll learn to navigate the new ride.
Interested in quitting your job to, er, a new job? You have until Jan. 31 to send in your application for the year-long gig, which starts in June, at the very beginning of the dog days of summer.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees