Double Your SkyMiles, Stay in a Galaxy Far Far Away and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know.
If you have travel plans to the areas being affected by Hurricane Dorian, be sure to check what your airline is offering as you may need to adjust your plans.
Check your email to see if you got anything from Marriott or Amex if your anniversary is near.
With most airline loyalty programs having an expiration date on their miles, United no longer does — so you’re set for life.
Calling all AvGeeks and aspiring flight attendants: you can spend a day in training with the TPG staff on Sept. 13, 2019
From Los Angeles (LAX) to Boston (BOS), you can expect to see new restaurants in select Priority Pass lounges.
In a continued effort to help TPG readers maximize their points and miles, we’ve launched the Points Lab with some help from Drew Macomber from Travel is Free.
You can soon spend a night on a galaxy far far away … Well, sort of.
The construction is scheduled for Sept. 7 — 26, 2019 so if you’re flying during those dates and to, from or through SFO, be sure to check your flight status.
The low-cost carrier came in with 15 new routes and celebrated its arrival to Newark by offering $15 one-way flights.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.