Double Your SkyMiles, Stay in a Galaxy Far Far Away and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know.
If you have travel plans to the areas being affected by Hurricane Dorian, be sure to check what your airline is offering as you may need to adjust your plans.
Check your email to see if you got anything from Marriott or Amex if your anniversary is near.
With most airline loyalty programs having an expiration date on their miles, United no longer does — so you’re set for life.
Calling all AvGeeks and aspiring flight attendants: you can spend a day in training with the TPG staff on Sept. 13, 2019
From Los Angeles (LAX) to Boston (BOS), you can expect to see new restaurants in select Priority Pass lounges.
In a continued effort to help TPG readers maximize their points and miles, we’ve launched the Points Lab with some help from Drew Macomber from Travel is Free.
You can soon spend a night on a galaxy far far away … Well, sort of.
The construction is scheduled for Sept. 7 — 26, 2019 so if you’re flying during those dates and to, from or through SFO, be sure to check your flight status.
The low-cost carrier came in with 15 new routes and celebrated its arrival to Newark by offering $15 one-way flights.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.