Earn double AAdvantage miles by shopping with this new offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For cardholders of an American Airlines cobranded credit card, the SimplyMiles program is a great way to maximize your spend and earn even more AAdvantage miles on select purchases. SimplyMiles is American’s answer to Amex Offers and Chase Offers — and has just sweetened the deal even more.
From now until the end of the month, you can earn double AAdvantage miles after activating any SimplyMiles offer and making a qualifying purchase with your American Airlines card. However, you have to activate an offer by May 8 for the bonus to apply.
To participate in this new promotion, simply log into your SimplyMiles account and search through your available offers. Once you’ve found one you like, click Add to Card to activate the offer. From there, you’re all set to earn double the AAdvantage miles through the activated offer on purchases made through May 31, 2021.
However, remember that you must activate the offer by May 8 for it to be eligible. In addition, the terms indicate that previously-activated offers (prior to May 4) aren’t eligible.
If you don’t yet have a SimplyMiles account but you already have an American Airlines card, it’s easy to set one up. Just choose Join on the homepage of the SimplyMiles website and enter in your AAdvantage number, a password, your last name and your credit card information.
Below is a list of personal AAdvantage cards offered by Citi and Barclays eligible for SimplyMiles:
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
- Barclaycard AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red World Elite Mastercard®
The information for the CitiBusiness Platinum card, Citi AAdvantage Platinum card and Aviator Red card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Note that the promotion will double the miles of your existing offer — whether it’s extra miles per dollar spent or a set bonus amount. And because there isn’t a portal that you have to shop through (you just have to use your eligible AAdvantage Mastercard), you should be able to stack this offer with other online shopping portals such as Rakuten.
American Airlines has continued to prove itself valuable to travelers throughout the pandemic — by adding new routes on the East Coast, upgrading in-flight experiences with new planes on specific routes, partnering with Alaska Airlines as it joined Oneworld and launching a new partnership with JetBlue. The SimplyMiles program is a great way to earn more AAdvantage miles to fly on American or partner airlines such as Qatar Airways and Cathay Pacific.
TPG values AAdvantage miles at 1.4 cents a piece, so this new bonus can provide a solid boost for your online shopping. Just be sure to activate those offers by Saturday May 8 — and complete your purchases before the end of the month.
Featured photo by MStudioImages/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees