Donating to Charity Can Get You Up to 5,000 SkyMiles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you want to do a good deed, and earn some miles along the way, then listen up. You can net up to 5,000 SkyMiles through Delta and United Way’s partnership after making a donation to the charity, as reported by The Gate.
Here’s how it works.
SkyMiles members who donate to United Way by September 15 will earn a one-time bonus of 1,000 bonus miles for a donation of $50 – $124, 2,500 bonus miles for a donation of $125 – $299 or 5,000 bonus miles for a donation of $300 or more. TPG values SkyMiles at 1.2 cents each, making those miles worth up to $60 if you donate more than $300.
Your SkyMiles will post to your account within four to six weeks, following the end of the deal.
If you want to donate money to United Way that will directly go towards Hurricane Dorian relief, then you’ll want to visit United Way Miami. You can also earn American miles when donating to the Red Cross’ Dorian relief efforts.
On top of doing some good, donating to charity can be a good way to hit a minimum spend and earn some miles in the process. For more information or to make your donation, head over to Delta’s dedicated page for the program.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees