Donating to Charity Can Get You Up to 5,000 SkyMiles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you want to do a good deed, and earn some miles along the way, then listen up. You can net up to 5,000 SkyMiles through Delta and United Way’s partnership after making a donation to the charity, as reported by The Gate.
Here’s how it works.
SkyMiles members who donate to United Way by September 15 will earn a one-time bonus of 1,000 bonus miles for a donation of $50 – $124, 2,500 bonus miles for a donation of $125 – $299 or 5,000 bonus miles for a donation of $300 or more. TPG values SkyMiles at 1.2 cents each, making those miles worth up to $60 if you donate more than $300.
Your SkyMiles will post to your account within four to six weeks, following the end of the deal.
If you want to donate money to United Way that will directly go towards Hurricane Dorian relief, then you’ll want to visit United Way Miami. You can also earn American miles when donating to the Red Cross’ Dorian relief efforts.
On top of doing some good, donating to charity can be a good way to hit a minimum spend and earn some miles in the process. For more information or to make your donation, head over to Delta’s dedicated page for the program.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee