Donating to Charity Can Get You Up to 5,000 SkyMiles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you want to do a good deed, and earn some miles along the way, then listen up. You can net up to 5,000 SkyMiles through Delta and United Way’s partnership after making a donation to the charity, as reported by The Gate.
Here’s how it works.
SkyMiles members who donate to United Way by September 15 will earn a one-time bonus of 1,000 bonus miles for a donation of $50 – $124, 2,500 bonus miles for a donation of $125 – $299 or 5,000 bonus miles for a donation of $300 or more. TPG values SkyMiles at 1.2 cents each, making those miles worth up to $60 if you donate more than $300.
Your SkyMiles will post to your account within four to six weeks, following the end of the deal.
If you want to donate money to United Way that will directly go towards Hurricane Dorian relief, then you’ll want to visit United Way Miami. You can also earn American miles when donating to the Red Cross’ Dorian relief efforts.
On top of doing some good, donating to charity can be a good way to hit a minimum spend and earn some miles in the process. For more information or to make your donation, head over to Delta’s dedicated page for the program.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.