Donate to protect the Amazon rainforest, and Red Ventures will match your donation
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The fires in the Amazon rainforest are still raging, and destroying valuable and irreplaceable resources. This isn’t just an issue for Brazilians, but the world. If you didn’t already know, the Amazon rainforest — the largest rainforest in the world — is responsible for absorbing a large portion of the world’s greenhouse gases. Instead of capturing carbon dioxide, the fires are now causing the forest to emit dangerous levels of it. The fires are also threatening the health and homes of indigenous communities, and destroying the habitats of rare species.]
In an effort to help protect the Amazon and its inhabitants, Red Ventures and TPG are teaming up with Earth Alliance to help raise funds that will go towards protecting and maintaining a rainforest known as our planet’s lungs. There’s an initial commitment of $5 million, but the Amazon Forest Fund needs your help. Red Ventures has pledged to match every donation.
All funds raised will go directly towards the local organizations who are working tirelessly to put out the fires and are providing relief to local and indigenous communities. If you’d like to check out what each organization is doing, you can read more about them here:
- Instituto Associacão Floresta Protegida
- Coordination of the Indigenous Organizations of the Brazilian Amazon
- Instituto Kabu
- Instituto Raoni
- Instituto Socioambiental
There’s no minimum donation; any and all amounts make a difference. Tell your friends and family how they can help protect our planet by donating today.
If you’re wondering what the best cards to use for a charitable donation are, check out our post on the matter.
(Featured image courtesy of Getty Images/Brasil2)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees