Donate to protect the Amazon rainforest, and Red Ventures will match your donation
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The fires in the Amazon rainforest are still raging, and destroying valuable and irreplaceable resources. This isn’t just an issue for Brazilians, but the world. If you didn’t already know, the Amazon rainforest — the largest rainforest in the world — is responsible for absorbing a large portion of the world’s greenhouse gases. Instead of capturing carbon dioxide, the fires are now causing the forest to emit dangerous levels of it. The fires are also threatening the health and homes of indigenous communities, and destroying the habitats of rare species.]
In an effort to help protect the Amazon and its inhabitants, Red Ventures and TPG are teaming up with Earth Alliance to help raise funds that will go towards protecting and maintaining a rainforest known as our planet’s lungs. There’s an initial commitment of $5 million, but the Amazon Forest Fund needs your help. Red Ventures has pledged to match every donation.
All funds raised will go directly towards the local organizations who are working tirelessly to put out the fires and are providing relief to local and indigenous communities. If you’d like to check out what each organization is doing, you can read more about them here:
- Instituto Associacão Floresta Protegida
- Coordination of the Indigenous Organizations of the Brazilian Amazon
- Instituto Kabu
- Instituto Raoni
- Instituto Socioambiental
There’s no minimum donation; any and all amounts make a difference. Tell your friends and family how they can help protect our planet by donating today.
If you’re wondering what the best cards to use for a charitable donation are, check out our post on the matter.
(Featured image courtesy of Getty Images/Brasil2)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.