Dollar Flight Club has launched a premium-fare service
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dollar Flight Club, a subscription service that sends its customers deals on airfare, has gotten an upgrade. We’ve written previously about the company, which uses a team of experts to sniff out screaming deals and pass on the savings via email and app updates, but now the service is going big.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As of Nov. 1, 2019, Dollar Flight Club (DFC) has expanded its offerings to include business- and first-class flight deals with its new Premium Plus service. The business promises to offer savings of up to 60% on premium-fare classes. Premium Plus costs $99 per year and will offer all the benefits of its current Premium subscription (currently $69 per year), in addition to access to deals in premium cabins. It also includes a 20% discount to Mobile Passport Plus, the U.S. passport control app helping to speed up immigration.
Of course, the number of deals you’ll receive will be highly dependent on your departure airport (which you can select on your profile page), but the average user can expect to see between three to seven first- and business-class deals in their inbox each week. Users in larger markets, such as New York City (JFK/LGA/EWR) or Los Angeles (LAX) will likely see deals more often, but customers who aren’t averse to positioning flights can set up to five favorite airports to track in order to score the cheapest deals.
While this service isn’t focused on mileage running, the practice of taking flights solely to earn miles and credit for elite status, this could be an excellent option for those looking to take advantage of cheap premium fares to rack up some miles.
Dollar Flight Club claims to be the first company to hone in on the gap for premium-class fare alerts, and they may be right. While other businesses do push out the occasional high-end deal, they’re far more likely to focus on economy fares that appeal to a larger market. However, the demand for better in-flight experiences continues to grow. With flexibility and DFC’s new Premium Plus service, customers can finally find themselves flying in the pointy end of the plane — for cheap.
Featured photo by Nick Ellis/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.