Dollar Flight Club has launched a premium-fare service
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dollar Flight Club, a subscription service that sends its customers deals on airfare, has gotten an upgrade. We’ve written previously about the company, which uses a team of experts to sniff out screaming deals and pass on the savings via email and app updates, but now the service is going big.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As of Nov. 1, 2019, Dollar Flight Club (DFC) has expanded its offerings to include business- and first-class flight deals with its new Premium Plus service. The business promises to offer savings of up to 60% on premium-fare classes. Premium Plus costs $99 per year and will offer all the benefits of its current Premium subscription (currently $69 per year), in addition to access to deals in premium cabins. It also includes a 20% discount to Mobile Passport Plus, the U.S. passport control app helping to speed up immigration.
Of course, the number of deals you’ll receive will be highly dependent on your departure airport (which you can select on your profile page), but the average user can expect to see between three to seven first- and business-class deals in their inbox each week. Users in larger markets, such as New York City (JFK/LGA/EWR) or Los Angeles (LAX) will likely see deals more often, but customers who aren’t averse to positioning flights can set up to five favorite airports to track in order to score the cheapest deals.
While this service isn’t focused on mileage running, the practice of taking flights solely to earn miles and credit for elite status, this could be an excellent option for those looking to take advantage of cheap premium fares to rack up some miles.
Dollar Flight Club claims to be the first company to hone in on the gap for premium-class fare alerts, and they may be right. While other businesses do push out the occasional high-end deal, they’re far more likely to focus on economy fares that appeal to a larger market. However, the demand for better in-flight experiences continues to grow. With flexibility and DFC’s new Premium Plus service, customers can finally find themselves flying in the pointy end of the plane — for cheap.
Featured photo by Nick Ellis/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees