Deal alert: Save up to 25% on summer hotel stays at Disneyland Resort
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are so many benefits to staying on site when you visit Disneyland.
You are close enough to the parks to walk straight to the front gates each morning (or back to your hotel when you need a break), you never have to leave the “Disney bubble” and you may be able to see the nightly fireworks from your hotel room.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
For a limited time this summer you can add “saving money” to that list of perks — along with pool parties, early theme park entry and more. Here’s how to save, splash and play big at Disneyland this summer.
Save up to 25% on hotel stays
If you’re planning to celebrate the end of summer (and ease the pain of transitioning to a new school year) at Disneyland, you can save up to 25% on your hotel stay on most Sunday through Thursday nights between Aug. 7 and Sept. 29.
The savings percentage is based on which hotel you choose and how long you stay:
- Up to 25% off select bookings of four nights or longer at the Disneyland Hotel or Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- Up to 20% off stays at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- Up to 15% off stays at the Disneyland Hotel.
- Up to 10% off stays at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
If you’re saying four or more nights, the Disneyland Hotel will save you the most money; you can get a club-level room for less than $600 per night. This comes with additional benefits such as access to continental breakfast, afternoon tea, an evening dessert and wine service, and fireworks viewing in the 11th-floor E-Ticket Club.
The most budget-friendly of the three hotels is Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. Using the 10% discount, we were able to find rooms for less than $350 per night. During high-demand times of year without the discount, nightly rates can creep closer to $500 per night.
Keep in mind that the Halloween-themed Oogie Boogie Bash kicks off at Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa on Sept. 6, so you may want to purchase tickets and pack your Halloween costumes, too. If you are planning to party down with your favorite Disney villains at Oogie Boogie Bash, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel offer dedicated entrances to Disney California Adventure Park.
Summer pool parties
Summer is synonymous with pool parties. Between now and Aug. 31, Disney is throwing daily pool parties at all three on-site hotels. Cast members will be on hand with games and music, so make sure you have time for an afternoon break to cool off and enjoy the fun.
We recommend checking with the front desk upon arrival to find out what time the parties will take place during your visit.
Early theme park entry
Beginning Aug. 8, guests at any of Disneyland’s three on-site hotels can enter Disneyland and Disney California Adventure 30 minutes prior to each park’s posted opening.
To those whose immediate assumption is that 30 minutes isn’t enough time to get anything done, you can easily get on two to three high-demand attractions during this time. In order to do so, plan to arrive at the gates at least 30 to 45 minutes before they open to hotel guests (or an hour before the posted opening time), so you can be one of the first guests into the park.
Only select attractions will be open during early entry. You must have a valid theme park admission and park reservation for the park you plan to visit.
If you’re looking to save money on your next visit to Disneyland, your first thought may be to stay off site. When you combine the convenience of staying on Disneyland property with the cost savings you can gain from this summertime hotel sale, you’ve got plenty of “practically perfect in every way” reasons to stay in a Disneyland hotel.
Featured photo by Summer Hull/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees