Disneyland Removing Some Sitting Spaces for Guests Around the Park
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Heading to Disneyland anytime soon? Well, we hope you’ve been training. In an effort to clear up some of the congested areas, the theme park giant has made it nearly impossible for park-goers to be lazy by removing benches and planters from around the park.
“We continually strive to deliver a great guest experience, and we are always looking at ways to enhance elements such as guest flow, seating, and landscaping, which play an important part of a guest’s visit to the parks,” said Disneyland spokeswoman Liz Jaeger.
As of 2017, Disneyland is the second most-visited theme park in the world, so some gridlock is bound to be expected by park-goers. With the addition of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opening in summer 2019, this is only projected to intensify — hence why the decision to remove sitting spots around the park was made now. With fewer benches, planters and landscaping, the park can widen the walkways for visitors, clearing up some of the problematic crowding issues and more open space for more guests to move freely.
This isn’t Disneyland’s first attempt to alleviate park crowding in the past year. In February 2017, the theme park increased ticket prices by $2-$5, as well as adding new limits to park passholders. As with most decisions made by Disney, people have taken to social media with mixed reactions on the change:
Many of the same folks complaining about Disneyland removing planters to ease congestion, would be JUST AS vocal if Disney didn’t do it. Tbh some people are never happy.
— OrangeGrove55 (@OrangeGrove55) September 9, 2018
In addition to the elimination of these benches, Disneyland also plans on expanding seating within its restaurants. An example of this can be seen with the Bengal BBQ restaurant in Adventureland, which has recently added about 70 additional seats to the floor for hungry guests. So, if you think you might want to sit down after a while in Disneyland, we hope you make a reservation.
Featured image by Chris Alcoran via Flickr
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees