After 64 Years, Disneyland to Begin Selling Alcohol
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Walt Disney’s original theme park, Disneyland in California, opened in 1955 full of rides and attractions for families. One thing you did not find publicly available within the gates of Disneyland, however, was alcohol.
This was very much by Walt’s design, and Disneyland has remained free of alcohol sales to this very day (though there is alcohol available within Disneyland’s very expensive private club, Club 33). As other Disney parks, such as Walt Disney World’s Epcot and eventually even Disney’s Magic Kingdom in Florida, offered up in-park alcohol for purchase, Disneyland has remained a dry theme park — just as it was in 1955.
For 64 years Disneyland did not break with its booze-free tradition, but the arrival of Star Wars Land in 2019 will mark the dawning of a new era for adult Disneyland visitors. The official Disneyland Today Twitter account shared a very interesting sneak peek of Oga’s Cantina that is set to open within Star Wars: Galaxy Edge. The caption said “… kick up your feet and enjoy one of the best drinks in the galaxy.”
That could be interpreted to simply mean they will be offering some sort of non-alcoholic space drinks, but when you dig deeper within the attached link, the (official) Disney Parks Blog confirms, “We are developing a specialty cocktail (non-alcohol and alcohol-based) menu that will include creatively themed custom cocktails, and proprietary beer and wine options.”
Like it, love it or hate it, alcohol is coming to a galaxy not too far away when Oga’s Canita opens at Disneyland next year.
Images courtesy of Disneyland California.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees