Disney World Raises Some Ticket Prices at Busiest Times of Year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disney World rolled out some price changes today that affect some of the busier times of year. This is on the heels of a more comprehensive change Disney made in late 2018 regarding how tickets are priced. Today’s price increase will likely only impact you if you’re planning your next Disney World vacation during peak times.
For example, single-day tickets for use between Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve 2019 will now cost $159, up from $129 from this past December. That last week of the year is the busiest at Disney World. If the parks are going to close due to capacity constraints, these are generally the days it happens. Other peak times, like the 4th of July, see price increases as well, with the price of a four-day ticket increasing $9 per day.
The cheapest single-day tickets don’t increase, holding steady at $109 per day. And, you can still take advantage of savings with the 4-Park Magic tickets.
TPG reached out to Disney for comment on the recent changes. A Disney representative responded:
“Our flexible date-based ticket pricing reflects the demand we see for our parks and provides guests multiple options to meet their vacation needs. As we invest in our parks and expand our offerings, we will continue to look for ways to manage high demand and spread attendance while preserving and enhancing the guest experience.”
Other changes, as noted first on WDWNT, include the increase of Park Hopper pricing by $5 to $60 per ticket.
Not Too Late to Save a Few Bucks
Some authorized resellers of Disney World tickets may still have passes at the old pricing for a short period of time. For example, Undercover Tourist currently has a single-day ticket for Christmas Day at $140.14, almost $20 less than Disney World’s new price if you buy direct. Those savings won’t make you rich, but they will buy you a Dole Whip at the parks.
To help your family maximize time at Disney World while spending as little as possible, here are some articles to get you on your way.
- How to Use Points to Buy Disney Tickets
- How to Ride Every Disney World Ride in One Day
- Eating Healthy at Disney World
- Renting Disney Vacation Club Points: Saving Money at Disney
- 10 Best Disney Thrill Rides Around the World
- The Best Points Hotels Near Disney World in 2018
- TPG’s Ultimate Guide to Disney World
Featured photo by Summer Hull/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.