Disney World Raises Some Ticket Prices at Busiest Times of Year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disney World rolled out some price changes today that affect some of the busier times of year. This is on the heels of a more comprehensive change Disney made in late 2018 regarding how tickets are priced. Today’s price increase will likely only impact you if you’re planning your next Disney World vacation during peak times.
For example, single-day tickets for use between Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve 2019 will now cost $159, up from $129 from this past December. That last week of the year is the busiest at Disney World. If the parks are going to close due to capacity constraints, these are generally the days it happens. Other peak times, like the 4th of July, see price increases as well, with the price of a four-day ticket increasing $9 per day.
The cheapest single-day tickets don’t increase, holding steady at $109 per day. And, you can still take advantage of savings with the 4-Park Magic tickets.
TPG reached out to Disney for comment on the recent changes. A Disney representative responded:
“Our flexible date-based ticket pricing reflects the demand we see for our parks and provides guests multiple options to meet their vacation needs. As we invest in our parks and expand our offerings, we will continue to look for ways to manage high demand and spread attendance while preserving and enhancing the guest experience.”
Other changes, as noted first on WDWNT, include the increase of Park Hopper pricing by $5 to $60 per ticket.
Not Too Late to Save a Few Bucks
Some authorized resellers of Disney World tickets may still have passes at the old pricing for a short period of time. For example, Undercover Tourist currently has a single-day ticket for Christmas Day at $140.14, almost $20 less than Disney World’s new price if you buy direct. Those savings won’t make you rich, but they will buy you a Dole Whip at the parks.
To help your family maximize time at Disney World while spending as little as possible, here are some articles to get you on your way.
- How to Use Points to Buy Disney Tickets
- How to Ride Every Disney World Ride in One Day
- Eating Healthy at Disney World
- Renting Disney Vacation Club Points: Saving Money at Disney
- 10 Best Disney Thrill Rides Around the World
- The Best Points Hotels Near Disney World in 2018
- TPG’s Ultimate Guide to Disney World
Featured photo by Summer Hull/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees