Let’s get merry: Details on Disney World and Disneyland holiday festivities are here
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It may seem too soon for talk of Santa, snowmen and holiday spirit. However, we’re officially halfway to the holidays and Disney is gifting us with the details of upcoming holiday celebrations at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
Just as many other pre-pandemic offerings have been easing their way back into the parks, this year marks the first time since 2019 that the holidays are back in full swing at Disney on both coasts.
At Disney World, this means the return of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, helmed by none other than Santa himself. This popular after-hours event includes entertainment, seasonal treats and decor, fireworks and Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.
Over at Disneyland Resort, there’s no separately-ticketed party. All visitors can revel in the holiday-themed decor, entertainment, treats and even a nightly “snowfall.”
Here’s what you need to know before visiting Disney World or Disneyland during the most wonderful time of the year.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party ticket information
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a separately ticketed event that takes place at Magic Kingdom after the park closes to daytime guests. The party typically starts at 7 p.m., but guests can enter Magic Kingdom as early as 4 p.m. and sneak in a few attractions before the party officially begins.
This year, Mickey’s Very Christmas Party will take place on 24 select nights beginning Nov. 8, 2022, and running through Dec. 22, 2022. Ticket prices vary based on the date you select but will range from $149-$199 per person (discounted tickets are typically available for Disney World annual pass holders and Disney Vacation Club members).
Tickets go on sale beginning July 7, 2022.
Official event dates include:
- November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29.
- December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22.
During the party, guests can experience holiday stage shows like Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks and Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. There will also be photo opportunities, complimentary cookies and hot cocoa, and holiday ride overlays at Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party and the Jungle Cruise.
Even without a party ticket, if you visit Disney World any time during the holiday season, you’ll be treated to decor, seasonal food and drink offerings, holiday merchandise and special appearances by Santa at all four Disney World parks.
The Holidays at Disneyland Resort information
As in past years, there is no after-hours party at Disneyland. That doesn’t mean Disney doesn’t transform the resort into a full-on winter wonderland, though.
Most years, Disney California Adventure Park celebrates winter holidays from around the world with music, dancing, food and more during the Disney Festival of the Holidays. Additionally Cars Land will receive a “Mater’s Jingle Jamboree” makeover, though no official details have been released for 2022.
Disney did share that fan-favorite nighttime holiday spectaculars will return to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure.
World of Color – Season of Light will take place at Paradise Bay in Disney’s California Adventure, with dancing fountains, projections, holiday music and beloved scenes from favorite Disney and Pixar films.
Over at Disneyland Park, the Believe…In Holiday Magic fireworks spectacular will illuminate the night sky behind Sleeping Beauty Castle. You can even experience a southern California snowfall during the show. How’s that for holiday magic?
Official event dates have not yet been released.
Ready or not, here come the holidays. If you want to spend them at a Disney park, you have to plan well in advance of the actual holiday season.
Both Disney World and Disneyland still require guests to make advance theme park reservations and the parks still occasionally reach capacity on busy days.
If your only wish from Santa this year is to be at Disney for the holidays, start planning your trip now — even if it’s still much too warm to break out those ugly Christmas sweaters.
Featured photo courtesy of Walt Disney World.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees