This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Jets grow up fast, don’t they? Just two months after being spotted in Toulouse, France, with minimal clothing, Delta’s first Airbus A330-900neo is now ready for its glamor shots. Or, at the very least, engine installation. The carrier’s first A330-900neo just rolled out of the paint shop, a few months after its first A220 did likewise.
For those just hearing of the bird, it’ll be one of few Delta aircraft to feature all cabins — Delta One Suites, Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin. The jet also will be the first Delta aircraft to feature memory foam cushions throughout the aircraft, and the first Delta wide-body aircraft featuring its new wireless inflight entertainment system in every seat.
While Delta has yet to confirm, the latest rumblings have this particular plane being delivered to the airline in April, with passenger flights surely to follow in short order. It’s likely that the A330-900neo will replace aging Boeing 767-300ER aircraft on international flights, though we’ll be keeping an eye out for occasional domestic hops as well. No routes have been announced just yet, but based on the sheen we’re seeing we’d expect to hear more on that front real soon.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees