2 Delta Aircraft Partially Collide on the Ground in Boston
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Two planes at Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) got a little too close for comfort on Wednesday.
Outside of BOS Terminal A, two Delta aircraft — a Boeing 767 and an Airbus A330 — got close enough to clip wings. According to officials, no one was on board either of the aircraft at the time of the collision, as one was being repositioned. No one was injured.
“While repositioning an empty aircraft at Boston Logan International Airport, a wingtip made contact with a wingtip of another aircraft that also had no customers on board,” a Delta spokesperson said.
The collision resulted in a response by emergency vehicles, including fire trucks. However, experts found no significant damage.
As a result of the collision, Delta Flight 1652 from BOS to Detroit (DTW) was delayed in getting to its gate.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.