This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta has just announced it is issuing waivers for travel on Tuesday ahead of winter storm Maya. The storm has been dropping snow across the northern portion of the United States since the end of last week and is now headed for the Northeast.
- Travel Date: Feb. 12
- Airports Covered: Albany, NY (ALB), Boston, MA (BOS), Hartford, CT (BDL), Manchester, NH (MHT), New York, NY Kennedy(JFK) New York, NY La Guardia (LGA), Newark, NJ (EWR), Newburgh, NY (SFW), Providence, RI (PVD), White Plains, NY (HPN)
- Tickets must be reissued on or before Feb. 15
- Rebooked travel must begin no later than Feb. 15
- When rescheduled travel occurs beyond Feb. 12, the change fee will be waived. However, a difference in fare may apply. Final travel must be completed by end of ticket validity, one year from date of original issue.
Protect Your Travels
This winter storm is another reminder to book flights with a card that offers solid trip delay and cancellation insurance. When TPG writer JT Genter got stuck in Japan for four extra days due to a typhoon, the Citi Prestige trip delay protection reimbursed $1,000 of his expenses. Other cards with solid trip protection include the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard and the Citi Premier Card.
We will continue to update this post as more airlines issue waivers.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 70,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $980
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2x miles on AA purchases plus 2x miles at gas stations and at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers and car rental merchants. Get your first checked bag free.
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in first 4 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line*
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*