You can now use Medallion Upgrade Certificates for Delta Vacations bookings
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta announced earlier this week that Upgrade Certificates, which are available exclusively for Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members, can now be used to upgrade on flights that are booked as a part of a Delta Vacations package. The news was first reported by Rene’s Points.
Medallions can also save up to $300 on vacations through an exclusive offer when they book by Jan. 31, 2020.
If you’re unfamiliar, Delta offers two types of dedicated upgrade certificates known as Global Upgrade Certificates and Regional Upgrade Certificates. The former is available exclusively for Diamond Medallion Members and offers upgrades on both international and domestic flights with the airline. Regional Upgrade Certificates, available for Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members, offer upgrades on the same routes as Medallion Complimentary Upgrades, including all flights with First Class and the domestic Delta One experience.
The only way to get them is to become a Platinum or Diamond Medallion and select them using your Choice Benefits. Upgrade Certificates have a higher priority than Medallion Complimentary Upgrades and may be requested and, subject to availability, cleared when you book your ticket.
Rene’s Points noted that there doesn’t appear to be a way to apply certificates, so you’ll probably have to call Delta directly.
Featured photo courtesy of Delta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.