Delta SkyMiles Members No Longer Need to Scan Boarding Pass With CLEAR
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
CLEAR, the program long known for streamlining the security process at airports and beyond, is making that process even easier. On Tuesday, the biometrics company announced that some Delta SkyMiles flyers no longer have to reach for their boarding pass in order to use a CLEAR kiosk. Instead, their biometrics alone will be enough to grant them access through security.
At select airports, Delta SkyMiles members with CLEAR will be able to scan their fingerprint or use the blink of an eye to confirm their identity, as well as verify on which they’re traveling. Previously, CLEAR members have had to scan their boarding pass. In theory, the time saved by not having to pull out a boarding pass could be exceptional.
The simplified biometric and boarding pass verification technology is available at the following 26 airports: Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Baltimore (BWI), Dallas Love Field (DAL), Reagan National Airport (DCA), Denver (DEN), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Houston Hobby (HOU), Westchester County (HPN), Washington Dulles (IAD), Houston George Bush Intercontinental (IAH), New York (JFK), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (LGA), Orlando (MCO), Miami (MIA), Minneapolis (MSP), New Orleans (MSY), Phoenix (PHX), San Antonio (SAT), Seattle (SEA), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC) and Salt Lake City (SLC).
CLEAR is a TPG favorite when it comes to making airport security a breeze. The membership-based service allows you to verify your identity via an iris scan or fingerprint. Then, you’ll be escorted to the front of the security lane — whether that’s the “standard” line or the PreCheck version. With CLEAR even more so simplifying the process by not requiring the scan of a boarding pass, the service could be even more valuable.
A CLEAR membership costs $179 annually. However, if you’re a Delta Diamond Medallion member, you can get your CLEAR membership for free. If you have Delta Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion status or if you’re a cardholder of the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express or any of their business versions, you can get a discounted membership for $79 annually. If you’re a basic Delta SkyMiles member, you can get an annual rate of $99.
Featured photo courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees