Delta SkyMiles Members No Longer Need to Scan Boarding Pass With CLEAR
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
CLEAR, the program long known for streamlining the security process at airports and beyond, is making that process even easier. On Tuesday, the biometrics company announced that some Delta SkyMiles flyers no longer have to reach for their boarding pass in order to use a CLEAR kiosk. Instead, their biometrics alone will be enough to grant them access through security.
At select airports, Delta SkyMiles members with CLEAR will be able to scan their fingerprint or use the blink of an eye to confirm their identity, as well as verify on which they’re traveling. Previously, CLEAR members have had to scan their boarding pass. In theory, the time saved by not having to pull out a boarding pass could be exceptional.
The simplified biometric and boarding pass verification technology is available at the following 26 airports: Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Baltimore (BWI), Dallas Love Field (DAL), Reagan National Airport (DCA), Denver (DEN), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Houston Hobby (HOU), Westchester County (HPN), Washington Dulles (IAD), Houston George Bush Intercontinental (IAH), New York (JFK), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (LGA), Orlando (MCO), Miami (MIA), Minneapolis (MSP), New Orleans (MSY), Phoenix (PHX), San Antonio (SAT), Seattle (SEA), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC) and Salt Lake City (SLC).
CLEAR is a TPG favorite when it comes to making airport security a breeze. The membership-based service allows you to verify your identity via an iris scan or fingerprint. Then, you’ll be escorted to the front of the security lane — whether that’s the “standard” line or the PreCheck version. With CLEAR even more so simplifying the process by not requiring the scan of a boarding pass, the service could be even more valuable.
A CLEAR membership costs $179 annually. However, if you’re a Delta Diamond Medallion member, you can get your CLEAR membership for free. If you have Delta Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion status or if you’re a cardholder of the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express or any of their business versions, you can get a discounted membership for $79 annually. If you’re a basic Delta SkyMiles member, you can get an annual rate of $99.
Featured photo courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.