Here’s an easy way to earn 10x Delta miles this month
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta travelers have long known that Lyft rides are an easy source of SkyMiles. Thanks to the partnership between the two companies, Lyft users who link their SkyMiles accounts to the ride hailing app can earn one SkyMile per dollar spent on Lyft rides, and two miles per dollar on airport rides.
But if this bonus is news to you, you’re in for a holiday treat: Right now, you can link your Delta and Lyft accounts for the first time at this page and earn 10 miles per dollar on Lyft airport rides, or two miles per dollar spent on regular Lyft rides through Jan. 2, 2020. Unfortunately, existing Delta/Lyft users who have already linked their accounts aren’t eligible for the earnings boost.
So if you haven’t yet connected your Delta and Lyft profiles, get on it now, before your next airport run. This promotion stacks on top of your credit card earnings if you use a card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card to pay for your Lyft rides, since you can still earn your usual Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchases on top of the bonus SkyMiles. In addition, you can also earn Hilton Honors points on these rides at the same time — as long as you’ve linked your Lyft account to that loyalty program as well.
Bear in mind that this isn’t Delta’s only partnership with other transportation companies. You can earn SkyMiles when staying at an Airbnb, for example.
Additional terms and conditions are as follows:
“SkyMiles Members who link their SkyMiles and Lyft accounts on the promotional site delta.com/lyftholiday between December 9, 2019 through January 2, 2020 at 11.59PM EST can earn 10 miles per $1* on airport rides and 2 miles per $1* on all other rides in the US through January 2, 2020. This offer is valid only for Members who link their accounts for the first time during the offer period. Activity date is defined as the date of the transaction as reported by Lyft regardless of the date the transaction is posted in the member’s account. This limited-time offer cannot be combined with other elevated mileage bonus offers.”
According to TPG’s monthly points and miles valuations, Delta SkyMiles aren’t the most valuable loyalty currency out there, with each mile worth just 1.2 cents. Additionally, Delta has massively devalued its awards program over the past few years and earned a reputation for making it difficult to redeem SkyMiles at reasonable rates. All that said, it did take home multiple honors at the 2019 TPG Awards, and if you use Lyft, it could be worth signing up for this promo — every mile counts!
Featured photo by Darren Murph for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees