Earn Delta SkyMiles Flying to the Greek Isles Via New Sky Express Partnership
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As we’ve discussed before, Air France-KLM route expansions are great news for Delta flyers. Now, Air France and KLM, SkyTeam partners of Delta, have announced an agreement with regional Greek airline Sky Express that will make it easier for passengers to book travel to Greece. The new partnership will allow passengers to book a single ticket between Paris (CDG) or Amsterdam (AMS) to 24 destinations in the Greek Isles.
The new agreement allows passengers to fly from one of the two main hubs to Athens to make their connection to their final destination. While in Athens, passengers will be able to access the Sky Express lounge while they wait.
Air France currently offers 39 weekly flights to Athens from Paris onboard an A319, while KLM flies a Boeing 737 to Athens 14 times per week. Sky Express offers nearly 400 flights per week from Athens to destinations all across Greece, making travel to your final destination easy.
The 24 new destinations include:
Astypalaia: 8 weekly flights
Alexandroúpolis: 14 weekly flights
Kefalonia: 14 weekly flights
Chios: 19 weekly flights
Corfu: 18 weekly flights
Kythira: 7 weekly flights
Heraklion: 21 weekly flights
Ikaria: 7 weekly flights
Ioannina: 7 weekly flights
Kalymnos: 6 weekly flights
Karpathos: 7 weekly flights
Kos: 16 weekly flights
Chania: 21 weekly flights
Lemnos: 10 weekly flights
Milos-Plaka: 14 weekly flights
Mykonos: 14 weekly flights
Mytilene: 16 weekly flights
Naxos: 22 weekly flights
Paros: 15 weekly flights
Samos: 14 weekly flights
Santorini: 70 weekly flights
Skiathos: 10 weekly flights
Syros: 6 weekly flights
Zante: 21 weekly flights
For SkyMiles members, booking through Delta isn’t available yet, so you will have to book directly with Air France or KLM. However, you will be able to credit your SkyMiles account for the flights, earning miles as well as MQMs and MQDs, putting you on your way to earning elite status with Delta. Be sure to check Delta’s partner chart to see just what you can expect to earn depending on your class of service.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Shutterstock
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.