Earn Delta SkyMiles Flying to the Greek Isles Via New Sky Express Partnership
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As we’ve discussed before, Air France-KLM route expansions are great news for Delta flyers. Now, Air France and KLM, SkyTeam partners of Delta, have announced an agreement with regional Greek airline Sky Express that will make it easier for passengers to book travel to Greece. The new partnership will allow passengers to book a single ticket between Paris (CDG) or Amsterdam (AMS) to 24 destinations in the Greek Isles.
The new agreement allows passengers to fly from one of the two main hubs to Athens to make their connection to their final destination. While in Athens, passengers will be able to access the Sky Express lounge while they wait.
Air France currently offers 39 weekly flights to Athens from Paris onboard an A319, while KLM flies a Boeing 737 to Athens 14 times per week. Sky Express offers nearly 400 flights per week from Athens to destinations all across Greece, making travel to your final destination easy.
The 24 new destinations include:
Astypalaia: 8 weekly flights
Alexandroúpolis: 14 weekly flights
Kefalonia: 14 weekly flights
Chios: 19 weekly flights
Corfu: 18 weekly flights
Kythira: 7 weekly flights
Heraklion: 21 weekly flights
Ikaria: 7 weekly flights
Ioannina: 7 weekly flights
Kalymnos: 6 weekly flights
Karpathos: 7 weekly flights
Kos: 16 weekly flights
Chania: 21 weekly flights
Lemnos: 10 weekly flights
Milos-Plaka: 14 weekly flights
Mykonos: 14 weekly flights
Mytilene: 16 weekly flights
Naxos: 22 weekly flights
Paros: 15 weekly flights
Samos: 14 weekly flights
Santorini: 70 weekly flights
Skiathos: 10 weekly flights
Syros: 6 weekly flights
Zante: 21 weekly flights
For SkyMiles members, booking through Delta isn’t available yet, so you will have to book directly with Air France or KLM. However, you will be able to credit your SkyMiles account for the flights, earning miles as well as MQMs and MQDs, putting you on your way to earning elite status with Delta. Be sure to check Delta’s partner chart to see just what you can expect to earn depending on your class of service.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees