This stuffed animal lost its child on a flight — help reunite them for the holidays
Here’s a sweet story for the day before Christmas Eve. A Delta Air Lines crew is going above and beyond to reunite a child with a stuffed animal left behind on a flight to Atlanta.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
11Alive News (WXIA-TV Atlanta) was the first to report on the story. The Tegna-owned NBC affiliate reported that a child’s toy was left on the jet bridge on a flight that arrived from Kansas City on Dec. 16. Delta confirmed to TPG the toy was left behind on flight DL 1330, and has not yet been reunited with its owner.
Fabiola Isabel – a Delta flight attendant – wrote in her Facebook post that she was “trying to create a Delta Christmas Miracle!”
She also managed to get in a safety message in her post saying, “We want to find his family as I’m sure he’s missed! He’s adventuring with the crew until then and will be given lots of Cheez-it’s and cookies! If a stuffed animal can wear a mask and not put his Purell wipe waste in the seat back pocket- so can you!”
I managed to chat with Isabel after she’d just finished a flight. She said:
“My crew and I were boarding the plane when we noticed the stuffed animal sitting on the jetbridge. We were told the cleaners had found it on the previous flight that had arrived a few hours earlier. If only we would have worked that flight, we might have been able to pinpoint who it belonged to!”
When I asked her why she was going to all this trouble she told me, “I think the reason I wanted to find the owner so badly was because I know how important stuffed animals are to kids. They provide comfort and a sense of home and after an exhausting day it brought me joy and excitement to hopefully find who it belonged to and send him home!”
TPG will keep in touch with all the folks involved, and if you know who the rightful owner is, be sure to reach out to Fabiola. Hopefully we’ll have some good news in time for Christmas.
It’s not the first time, Delta employees have gone above and beyond. In February of this year, Delta agents reunited a little girl with her “daddy doll” that played the voice of her father who was deployed overseas.
Another time, a customer service agent helped a little boy with autism get reunited with his beloved stuffed monkey.
Featured image by Fabiola Isabel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees