This stuffed animal lost its child on a flight — help reunite them for the holidays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a sweet story for the day before Christmas Eve. A Delta Air Lines crew is going above and beyond to reunite a child with a stuffed animal left behind on a flight to Atlanta.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
11Alive News (WXIA-TV Atlanta) was the first to report on the story. The Tegna-owned NBC affiliate reported that a child’s toy was left on the jet bridge on a flight that arrived from Kansas City on Dec. 16. Delta confirmed to TPG the toy was left behind on flight DL 1330, and has not yet been reunited with its owner.
Fabiola Isabel – a Delta flight attendant – wrote in her Facebook post that she was “trying to create a Delta Christmas Miracle!”
She also managed to get in a safety message in her post saying, “We want to find his family as I’m sure he’s missed! He’s adventuring with the crew until then and will be given lots of Cheez-it’s and cookies! If a stuffed animal can wear a mask and not put his Purell wipe waste in the seat back pocket- so can you!”
I managed to chat with Isabel after she’d just finished a flight. She said:
“My crew and I were boarding the plane when we noticed the stuffed animal sitting on the jetbridge. We were told the cleaners had found it on the previous flight that had arrived a few hours earlier. If only we would have worked that flight, we might have been able to pinpoint who it belonged to!”
When I asked her why she was going to all this trouble she told me, “I think the reason I wanted to find the owner so badly was because I know how important stuffed animals are to kids. They provide comfort and a sense of home and after an exhausting day it brought me joy and excitement to hopefully find who it belonged to and send him home!”
TPG will keep in touch with all the folks involved, and if you know who the rightful owner is, be sure to reach out to Fabiola. Hopefully we’ll have some good news in time for Christmas.
It’s not the first time, Delta employees have gone above and beyond. In February of this year, Delta agents reunited a little girl with her “daddy doll” that played the voice of her father who was deployed overseas.
Another time, a customer service agent helped a little boy with autism get reunited with his beloved stuffed monkey.
Featured image by Fabiola Isabel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.