Delta will reopen all Sky Club airport lounges by the summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta shuttered most of its SkyClub airport lounges in March 2020.
The Atlanta-based carrier slowly started reopening select lounges, many in focus cities, last summer and has continued to steadily ramp up operations at several of its outstations.
Stay up-to-date on airline and aviation news by signing up for our brand-new aviation newsletter.
Now, as demand returns and vaccination rates continue to climb, Delta will be reopening all SkyClubs by this summer. That’s according to Ed Bastian, Delta’s CEO, in his Tuesday interview with Brian Kelly, TPG’s founder and CEO, as part of the Future of Travel series.
“All SkyClubs will be open by the summer,” said Bastian in reference to some of the flyer-focused improvements that passengers will experience as they return to the skies. Other initiatives include accelerated construction work on hub terminals, new inflight food and beverage service and additional contactless check-in and boarding options.
While the details are light, a carrier spokesperson confirmed to TPG that more information will be revealed soon. Nevertheless, with analysts predicting a meaningful return to travel this summer, Delta flyers can rest easy knowing that the club will be open.
For now, 40 of Delta’s SkyClubs have reopened. The San Diego location in Terminal 2 reopens on April 27, while the Atlanta outpost near Gate C37 is reopening on May 1.
Delta’s big 3 competitors — American Airlines and United — also have reopened select lounges, but neither airline has announced a timeline for a network-wide reopening.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.