This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Want to check out Delta’s brand new A350 Delta One Suites without pulling out your passport? Well, Delta has added a one-off positioning flight of the A350 from Detroit (DTW) to Los Angeles (LAX) on July 1. This gets the new aircraft out to LA the day before Delta launches A350 service between LAX and Shanghai (PVG).
There are currently 9+ first class seats for sale and 28 unassigned seats in the seat map:
If you want to book the nonstop flight, a one-way fare in a Delta One Suite is going to set you back $716:
Or you can redeem Delta SkyMiles for the Suite seat on that flight at a cost of 45,000 SkyMiles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees for the one-way nonstop award:
However, you can save some money by connecting before or after the flight. For example, the price drops to $549 one-way for flights starting in Chicago (ORD) and ending in Los Angeles (LAX):
Similarly, you can save SkyMiles on an award flight by connecting. Again, Chicago-based fliers get a break — the price is just 29,000 miles to sit up front for the trip from O’Hare to LAX via Detroit, which is a pretty great deal.
If you haven’t been sold already, here’s what the Delta One Suites look like when TPG himself flew on its inaugural flight last fall:
Premium Select Seats
For those that can’t splurge for Delta One Suites, this is also an opportunity to check out the new Delta Premium Select cabin on the A350.
As of publishing, all 48 seats on this one-off flight are currently empty.
Pricing for this cabin is:
- DTW-LAX one-way price: $572
- DTW-LAX one-way award: 33,000 miles + $5.60
- ORD-DTW-LAX one-way price: $390
- ORD-DTW-LAX one-way award: 16,000 miles + $5.60
While it’s a bummer that this is only a one-time opportunity, we wanted to let you know about this great opportunity to check out a great Delta product — and a few ideas on how to do so for the cheapest price.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and discounted Delta Sky Club access.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 60,000 Bonus Miles after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 miles for every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Check your first bag free on Delta flights - that's a savings of up to $240 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees