Here’s What to Expect From Delta’s New Customer Service Initiative
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Of all the things that’ll turn passengers off from ever flying an airline again, a disastrous encounter with a customer service representative is pretty high on the list. On the very same day that United published an open letter to customers promising to ramp up its care and concern about you, the everyday flyer, Delta is making a push of its own.
The company is hiring 500 Customer Experience Specialists in 2019, with the goal of bolstering its ability to more quickly field calls from passengers who need to rebook, want to inquire about an upgrade or who want to spend a few hours playing with dates in hopes of applying a Global Upgrade Certificate to Delta’s longest flight.
The jobs are being made available in Cincinnati; Dallas; Hibbing, MN; Iron Range, MN; Minneapolis; Salt Lake City; Singapore and Tampa. Singapore is notable because when weather takes a turn for the worse or an airline experiences an IT meltdown, the Singapore call centers tend to have shorter wait times and are staffed by agents who speak English.
Delta has made strides in recent years to make itself more available on more platforms. Delta’s Digital Customer Engagement Center specialists deliver service 24/7 to customers via social platforms, and I’ve had mostly positive experiences solving issues via Twitter.
Delta informed TPG that 150 full-time employees in five locations including Atlanta, Tampa, Augusta and Singapore are now responding to service-related messages from customers through Twitter and Facebook as well as regional platforms. In addition to focusing on customer service requests, Delta has a specific team that handles sensitive and urgent issues and prioritizes elite SkyMiles members. With the goal of facilitating two-way feedback to Delta’s global operation, specialists work with customers in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and Chinese.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees