Holiday Offer: Use This Promo Code to Get 10x Delta Miles on Lyft Airport Rides
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta flyers have been collecting miles on each Lyft ride since mid-2017, with a tie-up between the two enabling linked accounts to earn one mile for every dollar spent on daily Lyft rides (excluding taxes, fees, tolls and tips) as well as three miles per dollar on all trips to/from airports. If you’ve yet to connect your two profiles, you can do so here.
From Dec. 14, 2018 through Dec. 25, 2018, Lyft users who have their accounts linked to their Delta SkyMiles account can earn a total of 10x (ten SkyMiles per dollar spent) if entering the following promo code in their Lyft app: SKYMILES10X.
The code will trigger an additional eight miles per dollar spent (excluding taxes, fees, tolls and tip) on eligible airport Lyft rides in the US, and two additional miles per dollar spent on all other eligible Lyft rides. Only rides completed after successfully entering the promotional code on the Lyft app will qualify for the additional bonus miles.
If you use a card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Chase Sapphire Preferred to pay for your trip, you can earn the usual 3x or 2x points, respectively, on top of the SkyMiles, plus an added 1x if using those cards via mobile wallet (Apple Pay or Google Pay) for a limited time.
Delta has a history of partnering with startup transportation companies. You can earn SkyMiles when staying at an Airbnb, for example, and last month the company began offering helicopter transfers through BLADE between JFK and Manhattan.
Additional terms and conditions are as follows: “This limited-time offer cannot be combined with other mileage bonus offers. By entering the SKYMILES10X promotion code you agree to these terms and you agree that Lyft, Delta and the third party hosted site may share your information for the purpose of tracking and processing your miles into your SkyMiles account or sending you targeted offers and may use anonymized, aggregated data for business analytics and offer optimization. Miles may take two (2) weeks or more to be awarded to Delta SkyMiles accounts.”
According to TPG’s monthly points and miles valuations, Delta SkyMiles aren’t the most valuable points currency out there, with each point worth just 1.2 cents. Additionally, Delta has massively devalued its awards program over the past few years and earned a reputation for making it difficult to redeem SkyMiles at reasonable rates. Still, if you use Lyft, it could be worth signing up for this promo — every mile counts!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.