Delta and JetBlue Offering Weather Waivers for August 13
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the biggest frustrations when it comes to flying is the dreaded flight delay or straight up cancellation — especially when it’s unexpected.
Delta and JetBlue are being proactive and issuing weather waivers to passengers ahead of expected bad weather on the east coast on Tuesday, August 13. The decision came after the National Weather Service issued a “Hazardous Weather Outlook” alert, which states that there’s potential for severe thunderstorms, damaging winds and torrential downpour… All things we’d much rather deal with at home, on the ground.
If you have a flight scheduled to, from or through any East Coast airport on August 13 then you will definitely want to take a look at your booking as it could potentially be impacted.
Currently, only Delta and JetBlue are offering free changes and cancellations for the following routes:
You could monitor the weather and keep your flights as is, but if you don’t feel like rolling the dice then you might as well take advantage of their offer to avoid the potential stress of it all.
If you chose to change your flight on either airline, travel has to take place no later than Friday, August 16.
Featured photo by Anton Petrus/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.