Delta and JetBlue Offering Weather Waivers for August 13
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the biggest frustrations when it comes to flying is the dreaded flight delay or straight up cancellation — especially when it’s unexpected.
Delta and JetBlue are being proactive and issuing weather waivers to passengers ahead of expected bad weather on the east coast on Tuesday, August 13. The decision came after the National Weather Service issued a “Hazardous Weather Outlook” alert, which states that there’s potential for severe thunderstorms, damaging winds and torrential downpour… All things we’d much rather deal with at home, on the ground.
If you have a flight scheduled to, from or through any East Coast airport on August 13 then you will definitely want to take a look at your booking as it could potentially be impacted.
Currently, only Delta and JetBlue are offering free changes and cancellations for the following routes:
You could monitor the weather and keep your flights as is, but if you don’t feel like rolling the dice then you might as well take advantage of their offer to avoid the potential stress of it all.
If you chose to change your flight on either airline, travel has to take place no later than Friday, August 16.
Featured photo by Anton Petrus/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees