Delta and JetBlue Offering Weather Waivers for August 13
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the biggest frustrations when it comes to flying is the dreaded flight delay or straight up cancellation — especially when it’s unexpected.
Delta and JetBlue are being proactive and issuing weather waivers to passengers ahead of expected bad weather on the east coast on Tuesday, August 13. The decision came after the National Weather Service issued a “Hazardous Weather Outlook” alert, which states that there’s potential for severe thunderstorms, damaging winds and torrential downpour… All things we’d much rather deal with at home, on the ground.
If you have a flight scheduled to, from or through any East Coast airport on August 13 then you will definitely want to take a look at your booking as it could potentially be impacted.
Currently, only Delta and JetBlue are offering free changes and cancellations for the following routes:
You could monitor the weather and keep your flights as is, but if you don’t feel like rolling the dice then you might as well take advantage of their offer to avoid the potential stress of it all.
If you chose to change your flight on either airline, travel has to take place no later than Friday, August 16.
Featured photo by Anton Petrus/Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees