Deal alert: Buy $250 in Delta gift cards, earn $25 Best Buy gift card, earn 5x on Chase Freedom
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
UPDATE: This purchase did indeed code as 5x on the Chase Freedom via Paypal Checkout:
Shoppers who purchase at least $250 in Delta gift cards from BestBuy.com will receive a $25 Best Buy gift card.
This offer, first reported by Rene’s Points, is valid on Delta gift cards of any denomination, as long as the total combination in a single Delta gift card order totals $250 or more. Best Buy only carries physical gift cards, but they are available for in-store pickup as well as via free shipping or ship-to-store options.
I tested this deal for TPG by purchasing three gift cards of $100 each.
The $25 Best Buy gift card deal shows up as a “hot offer” immediately underneath the price of the gift card; you can click on the blue text for more details.
You can then either click through the “hot offer” link to add the suggested gift card bundle directly to your cart, per the screenshot above, or you can add multiple Delta cards to your cart and manually add the $25 Best Buy product later on. This may be a good option if you’re gifting travel credit to friends and family for the holidays. Delta gift cards are available through Best Buy in $50, $100, $250 and $500 denominations.
If the total adds up to $250 or more, you will see an add-on offer for the $25 Best Buy gift card at checkout. Click on the “special offers” tab next to your cart, then click on the yellow “add to cart” button for the gift card.
To maximize earning potential, I used the Lemoney shopping portal for 1.9% cash back, and used my Chase Freedom card to purchase via Paypal Checkout on the BestBuy.com website. Most shopping portals do not allow cash-back earnings on gift cards, so it’s worth noting that you may not be able to triple-dip on this gift card purchase.
We wanted to use these Delta gift cards as quickly as possible for another TPG project, so I opted for in-store pickup. I was able to pick up the gift cards at the store one block from our offices within 40 minutes of my order confirmation.
I also earned 5x on this purchase by using my Chase Freedom card, since Paypal is one of the Freedom card’s quarterly bonus categories for 2019 Q4. The fine print for the Freedom card doesn’t exclude gift card purchases, so this is an easy way to rack up the maximum 5x earnings on up to $1,500 this season.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva for The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees