This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aviation authorities are investigating an incident in which a Delta flight encountered an “unmanned aircraft” while en route to Boston.
Delta subsidiary Endeavor Air was on its way to Boston’s Logan International Airport (BOS) Wednesday morning when the flight crew reported seeing a drone at 11:15am, about 15 miles northwest of the airport, the Federal Aviation Administration told Fox News.
According to the FAA, the flight did not have to take evasive measures to avoid the drone and landed safely at BOS after taking off from Philadelphia (PHL). No injuries were reported.
“Endeavor Air flight 5521 operating as Delta Connection from Philadelphia to Boston observed what appeared to be a drone during the approach to Logan International,” a spokesperson for Delta told TPG in an emailed statement. “The flight landed without incident.”
Both the FAA and Massachusetts State Police said they would be investigating the incident.
In 2017, the FAA released a report stating that drone strikes can cause more damage to aircraft than bird strikes. Just last month, however, the FAA cleared nine drone companies to fly their devices in areas near airports, modifying a blanket rule that previously prohibited anyone from flying drones in areas within five miles of an airport.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees